Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

landdcruiser 90 alarm fob problem

tony rodaway

Country Flag
uk
hello everyone as a newbie need some info .

got a 98 landcruiser 90 series colarado with alarm fault .
how do i reprogram an extra or new fob to my car cos mine works sometimes then does,nt
i have replaced batteries twice but still does it.
if i lock the car with keyfob i cannot open the door with key as alarm goes off.
if i lock with key alarm arms itself and can open with key or fob just fine.
looked on youtube and lots of clips but nothing relating to my year car .
any info or vidio clips will be most welcome.

hello everyone as a newbie need some info .

got a 98 landcruiser 90 series colarado with alarm fault .
how do i reprogram an extra or new fob to my car cos mine works sometimes then does,nt
i have replaced batteries twice but still does it.
if i lock the car with keyfob i cannot open the door with key as alarm goes off.
if i lock with key alarm arms itself and can open with key or fob just fine.
looked on youtube and lots of clips but nothing relating to my year car .
any info or vidio clips will be most welcome.
Hi Tony and welcome to this most friendly forum. I can't help with your problem but I suggest you use this thread to tell us a bit more about you and your truck (with pictures is even better) and start a new post on your problem in the 90 series section as you will get far more answers there from 90 owners.

Good luck with it.

Best wishes
Richard

Hi Tony the same problem had me send fobs away to be refurbished which didn't cure it for long . Hold both open/lock button down at the same time for 30 seconds was the on demand cure .

Check the switch that prevents you from locking with the bonnet open is making good contact the bracket can be bent very easily if you lean on it while doing something else .

The cure for me was to get one of those paper punches which gives you the perfect size waste for inside the fob buttons , punch a bit of hard plastic and glue it inside the button . Trial and error say's to use silicone glue as little as possible and keep it thin , the aim is to stiffen the rubber button rather than to bring it closer to the circuit board .

Hi Tony and welcome to this most friendly forum. I can't help with your problem but I suggest you use this thread to tell us a bit more about you and your truck (with pictures is even better) and start a new post on your problem in the 90 series section as you will get far more answers there from 90 owners.

Good luck with it.

Best wishes
Richard

thanks very much richard will do just that when i find my way around the site.

Hi Tony the same problem had me send fobs away to be refurbished which didn't cure it for long . Hold both open/lock button down at the same time for 30 seconds was the on demand cure .

Check the switch that prevents you from locking with the bonnet open is making good contact the bracket can be bent very easily if you lean on it while doing something else .

The cure for me was to get one of those paper punches which gives you the perfect size waste for inside the fob buttons , punch a bit of hard plastic and glue it inside the button . Trial and error say's to use silicone glue as little as possible and keep it thin , the aim is to stiffen the rubber button rather than to bring it closer to the circuit board .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome to the forum Tony, that's a very clean 95 you have there....inside and out.:sunglasses:

Really like the upgraded rear (body mounted) lights. Did you do the rust prevention yourself or did you have it done? Looks like a good job.

Hi and welcome Tony,your motor brings back some good memory's still luv that colour.

Welcome to the forum Tony, that's a very clean 95 you have there....inside and out.:sunglasses:

Really like the upgraded rear (body mounted) lights. Did you do the rust prevention yourself or did you have it done? Looks like a good job.

i bought the underseal from ebay for £ 12 think it was and my brother inlaw done it in work with a spray gun on a mot pit.
when i first got the car i drove it for a week or so only to find that my rear axel bracket one one side had snapped clean off.
as you guessed it was a new axel for £550 delivered and since replaceing such a major part just replaced all new rear shocks brake pads discs calipers and lots of nuts and bolts.
didnt intend on spending lots of cash but i love my cars so no expense spared.
upgraded my stereo with satnav etc for only £120 ebay and its superb.
replaced all my dash bulbs with blue led bulbs and interior lights with led bulbs so its abit of a hobby to be honest.
i replaced rear top and bottom rear light cluster to led and side lights front with led bulbs.i have added orange side lights and just wired up to side bulbs.

thanks for your kind words so my hard work is noticeable .

ps added rear 18w cree reverse lights to my rear bumper and boy do they make a difference.

Hi and welcome Tony,your motor brings back some good memory's still luv that colour.

never had a toyota before as was audi bmw person myself but just wanted to be different this time and i have found that my 4x4 is just a big go anywere toy and love it.
thanks for the comments.

Back