Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lanterns

Ah, but that's the whole beauty of a Tilley lamp see. It's the art of lighting the vaporiser with Meths until just right, then cracking open the valve and "pop" the mantle ignites and you have that wonderful soft light, the comforting hiss of the pressured vaporiser, the need to occasionally pump up the pressure, that wonderful faint whiff of burring paraffin, coupled with the warmth of the lamp, whilst you sit and listen to the sounds of the wilderness.

Are you on commission with Tilley? :laughing-rolling:

Ah, but that's the whole beauty of a Tilley lamp see. It's the art of lighting the vaporiser with Meths until just right, then cracking open the valve and "pop" the mantle ignites and you have that wonderful soft light, the comforting hiss of the pressured vaporiser, the need to occasionally pump up the pressure, that wonderful faint whiff of burring paraffin, coupled with the warmth of the lamp, whilst you sit and listen to the sounds of the wilderness.

:cool: Ooh! that takes me right back to my Boy Scout camping days. :thumbup: I think I may still have my old Tilley lurking somewhere in my black hole of a garage too along with an old Primus stove.

Last edited:
:cool: Ooh! that takes me right back to my Boy Scout camping days. :thumbup: I think I may still have my old Tilley lurking somewhere in my black hole of a garage too along with an old Primus stove.

Me too!

I know I don't still have mine :icon-cry: But at least I have precisely that memory of it! :lol:

My latest car boot purchase for £10

a2u3u9e2.jpg

Now to try and work out if it's all there and if I can get a mantle and get her to work

It's my first Tilley so any help or tips appreciated

Last edited:
My latest car boot purchase for £10

a2u3u9e2.jpg

Now to try and work out if it's all there and if I can get a mantle and get her to work

It's my first Tilley so any help or tips appreciated

Very cool.

Absolute bargain!! the heat they put out is fantastic, and the light....... beam me up Scotty !

John

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Tilley lamps are simply the best!
Had one years ago and it gives just the right smell and atmosphere.
Anyone got a spare for sale?

Back