Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Largest size tire on stock suspension & 16" rims

I personally have used BFG tyres ( Mud and AT) for the past 18 years, I wouldn't but anything else at the mo, AT s for a road biased car partnered with Old Man Emu springs and shocks, a great combination to good reliable handling, of course there are other combinations. Try and watch Andrew St Pierre Whites video (4xoverland) on his report from Allrad Arbentaur show in Germany, one whole video is devoted to choice of tyres.
Another reason is the extreme long life of BFG, I've had 50k miles on AT s, and I've never had a puncture but I've destroyed a couple, both my own fault, nothing to do with the tyre. At the moment I'm running 285 At ( Overlandind) and 305 Muds ( European winter Overlandland) on standard alloys. This is just my opinion, hope it helps. Best regards to all, Bill Westley

I just went to order the BFG 31/10.5/15 as I need two new rears and as someone pointed out will drive better on the road but the guy at 4x4 said I do need to be sure if the rims are 8 or 10 as later will push out out tyres. The wheels I've got, can anyone be sure from the photos on the width as per the design?

The rim size should be stamped and visible on the side of the rim. Typically 15x8JJ or similar (assuming yours are 15 inch diameter and 8 inch wide - BTW the "JJ" is something to do with the safety bead, so not relevant to the size ).

The rim size should be stamped and visible on the side of the rim. Typically 15x8JJ or similar (assuming yours are 15 inch diameter and 8 inch wide - BTW the "JJ" is something to do with the safety bead, so not relevant to the size ).
Thanks I'll get my friend to check, could you get a 33/12.5/15 tyre on an 8 inch rim?

Thanks 15x7jj stamped on them.

Back