Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC5 Height

Beefbeefbeef

Country Flag
uk
Chaps

I'm about to order a garage door for a house I've bought. Just checking that my motor will fit in there, I notice online (Toyota.com) that the 120 is meant to 1.865m high. I must admit, I reckon mine is taller, only because I am 6'3" (1.90m) and I think the roof rails are above my head.

Anyone got any definitive view on this? I reckon the new garage door will only offer 6'3" of clearance!

Chaps

I'm about to order a garage door for a house I've bought. Just checking that my motor will fit in there, I notice online (Toyota.com) that the 120 is meant to 1.865m high. I must admit, I reckon mine is taller, only because I am 6'3" (1.90m) and I think the roof rails are above my head.

Anyone got any definitive view on this? I reckon the new garage door will only offer 6'3" of clearance!

While you are at this stage of buying consider if you may be getting a roof tent. :think:

No roof tent!

I've had 3 different measurements from my local Toyota main dealer, from Toyota.com and from Toyota UK customer services ranging from 1.865m to 1.905m. The LC5 has air suspension at the rear so I don't know whether Toyota take the measurement with the engine running (when the suspension is up) or engine off (suspension down). Even Toyota customer services couldn't assist with that query although they did say that the LC5 is slightly lower in height than the LC3 and LC4.

Beware, Beef - just measured my 2009 LC5 with 'normal' air suspension height and I make the highest point of the roof rails 195 cms (6’ 4.8”) above the ground....

Thanks Stuart. That confirms my fears (I have v little room to play with in new garage).

The suspension goes up when the engine is on - is your measurement with the engine on or off as that could make a difference? I'm thinking I could lower it as I reverse in.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Stu.

The garage door when retracted will be 6' 6.5" high so I will have just over 1.5" clearance going by your measurement (6' 4.8") and possibly more if I can lower the suspension.....

Remember you can drop the rear and lock it down and it'll stay there if you're driving less that 5mph. My height at the rear at the moment with suspension dropped is 205cm. But then I have a body lift and suspension lift in :)

Cheers Gary, I may need to do that. As long as it doesn't automatically rise up when I start the engine again - although judging by you saying it "lock it down" that won't be a problem.

It should stay down under 5mph. To be certain though, press the little 'off' button next to the switch. It'll still lift once you drive off.

Thanks. I'll have a play with it. I must admit that I've never used the variable suspension - other than to test it's working.

Back