Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LED Headlights.

Ruth

Country Flag
australia
If replacing original headlights with led ones, (not bulbs but led headlights). Do I need to run ballasts? Still using original wiring.

If the replacement headlight units come with ballasts then use them. The replacement LED headlight units I've seen come with built in ballasts. With ballasts or without, the load on the existing wiring should be considerably less than it is with standard halogen filament bulbs.

Thank you Towpack, it is as I thought then.
Cheers Ruth.

Hey mate, sorry for late reply. They are a complete 6x4 inch unit and we are looking at purchasing from ebay at the moment, although I'm still comparing and researching them both online and locally before we buy.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A lot of these ebay headlamps are set up for vehicles that drive on the right so will dazzle oncoming traffic, and all the feedback I've heard is that quality is universally poor

There are some decent LED units for the Australian market but you'd have to convert to the square x 4 headlamps that they have

After researching all of this I decided to stick with OEM and run Osram Nightbreaker Halogen bulbs, which give loads of white light

LED do not usually come with ballasts. Use them as they came

Back