Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LED spots

Red Oktober

Garage
Country Flag
uk
fitted a pair of LED spots to the roofrack today ...

Photo0147.jpg

Photo0148.jpg

will try to get some comparison pics as they are silly bright at 1500 lumens each

Photo0157.jpg

here is a small comparison between the built in lights and the LEDs .... pics taken from inside the cab ... no flash

Dipped beam ...
SANY00034.jpg

Main Beam ....
SANY00044.jpg

LED lights on their own
SANY00062.jpg

from the front LEDs and sidelights
SANY0008.jpg

SANY0007.jpg

will get some "in the field" pics soon

them look pretty bright, always thought the LED's wouldnt be any good as spot lights just worklights but hey ho

J66P said:
them look pretty bright, always thought the LED's wouldnt be any good as spot lights just worklights but hey ho

I still have some reservations too. I have a Lenser LED torch that is amazingly bright for its size, but I have noticed that while it does light up a fair distance, the further away you look the more difficult it is to focus on stuff compared to other light sources. My HID's also seem to do this, although they are much brighter so it is less noticeable. But they do seem good value when everything is considered!

When I was in China last, I bought a couple of l.e.d torches.
The "lantern" size ones, with a 80mm reflector, with 25 l.e.d.'s in the reflector.
They are super bright, and will give a beam of light right to the top of some very tall trees. :thumbup:
It seems the early problems with l.e.d.'s of not being able to focus them has been solved.
The reflector on these torches, is not a typical dish shape reflector, but more like 25 individual reflectors, they are so light, and even rechargeble ! :thumbup:
I wn't depress you all and tell you how much they were, but they were each less than £2.40 :mrgreen:

Graham

fridayman said:
J66P said:

I still have some reservations too. I have a Lenser LED torch that is amazingly bright for its size, but I have noticed that while it does light up a fair distance, the further away you look the more difficult it is to focus on stuff compared to other light sources. My HID's also seem to do this, although they are much brighter so it is less noticeable. But they do seem good value when everything is considered!

When I say focus I am talking about my eyes struggle to focus, not focusing the beam. It has to do with the type/colour of light. I know other people have also mentioned this.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Red Oktober said:
fitted a pair of LED spots to the roofrack today ...
Specs?
Links?
Looks good. Still sceptical though, light colour still not good on most LEDs.

Yep ... thats the ones Gary

only i've got the 1500lm lights :thumbup:

am looking at getting another pair ... only want the 1800Lm ones next time :cool:

I like your Sahara Bar, Bor S :mrgreen: Looks good without the 76mm polished 'A' Bar :thumbup: :cool:

Fitted another pair of LED spots today .....

In-car shots
main beam + bull bar mounted spots
27-Aug-2011205354.jpg

LED spots
27-Aug-2011205438.jpg

They look very bright.
Look like ther technology has imploved vastly recently.

Country of manufacture?
Can you give some close up shots of the led lights them selves?

G.

Back