Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Letter from ADAC

l384580

I have received a letter from ADAC today about my membership They are making changes to none German members type of membership

I have ADAC Plus membership and they are downgrading it to ADAC Classic which dose not offer breakdown cover out side Germany

The letter was done on Google Translate

Conversion to ADAC membership without Plus Leiscungen

Dear Goodier,

As you know as an interested ADAC member, the ADAC concentrates its mobility service stur.ger. especially to its more than 21 million in German and English members in order to provide them with the best worldwide offers. In view of the fact that the complexity of the legal requirements is increasing steadily, which, in connection with the provision of services, has to be met with Plus members with domicile abroad, we have decided to exclude Plus services as part of the ADAC membership exclusively for members in the future to be resident in Germany.

That is why we will set up your ADAC Plus membership (and possibly the best memberships of partners / Kir.dern) from 01.08.20

. eir, e membership Dhne Plus benefits.

Nevertheless, you will continue to be protected under your classic ADAC membership, for which you will of course pay a correspondingly cheaper membership fee. The services associated with the classic ADAC micro-membership, such as breakdown assistance in Germany, legal advice, ADAC loursec or the ADAC advantage program: mm remain unaffected for sea.

If your main residence is in Germany and does not correspond to the address given above, please let See Ans know the address of your main residence in Germany.

Kind regards Michael Dern

Leicer Members Individual Topics & Last Level Service (MIL) I have received a letter from ADAC today about my membership They are making changes to none German members type of membership

I have ADAC Plus membership and they are downgrading it to ADAC Classic which dose not offer breakdown cover out side Germany

The letter was done on Google Translate

I spoke to ADAC face to face in Germany and asked them what the deal was. Basically they said my UK membership would cease when the current subs ran out. End of story, no maybes or possibles, just a very clear end. Unless they said.... I had an address in Germany. Which I do have actually. I never went any further as I didn't have any travel plans at the time.

Mine had lapsed a couple of weeks when i tried for renewal and they said no new customers from outside of Germany sorry .

Not me i got the same cover from my insurers at about the same price so i'm still waiting for the Armageddon Apocalypse of erm well - people refusing to buy from me or sell me stuff because of my ethnicity :confusion-shrug:

Nothing to do with Brexit at all. It affects the Spanish, French, Mongolians, Kardashians, Daleks and even the Cybermen. ADAC are German and only want to offer it to Germans.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I also received the letter. It was quite a great service while it lasted - I used in within 48 hours of purchasing it for the first time! Shame they are restricting it. Is it just an address in Germany that they require?

The only trips I have planned at the moment are in my imagination. I would have renewed the sub just to keep it going, but I think I will now let it lapse and set it up again when I need it. Best see how to do that as they charge my bank account directly.

I suppose the thing to bear in mind with the address in Germany, is that any recovery home will be to that address

Stop mine this year as well, because i own a caravan got mine via camping and caravan club and it is with rac who says they will recover my 1998 LC back to the uk
Also have Toyota recover as well

Getting your vehicle, caravan or trailer home No limit on the cost of repatriation Hire car up to £40 per day for 14 consecutive days

i am covered in the following countries:

Albania, Armenia, Andorra, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Belarus, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus (South), Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russian mainland (west of Urals), San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (excluding Ceuta and Melilla), Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey (in Europe) plus Uskudar, Ukraine, Vatican City and any offshore island of above, except overseas territories outside of Europe.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I received that letter and read it differently. Looks like I may have got it wrong so will re read it.

Photo translate app works really well if you can navigate the multitude of ads that pop up on the free version.

Below is as per G oogle t ranslate:

As you know as an interested ADAC member, the ADAC concentrates its mobility services in particular on its more than 21 million members based in Germany in order to provide them with optimal offers and services worldwide. In view of the fact that the complexity of the legal requirements that have to be met in connection with the provision of services, especially for Plus members residing abroad, we have decided that Plus services in the context of ADAC membership will only be for members in the future to be resident in Germany.

Therefore we will change your ADAC Plus membership (and possibly existing partnerships of partners / children) from 01.08.20 to a membership without Plus benefits.

Nevertheless, you will continue to be protected under your classic ADAC membership, for which you will of course pay a correspondingly cheaper membership fee. The services associated with classic ADAC membership, such as breakdown assistance in Germany, legal advice, ADAC tour set or the ADAC benefit program, will remain for you.

If your main residence is in Germany and does not correspond to the address given above, please let us know the address of your main residence in Germany.

The ADAC website has the below on the Plus page:

1590841371243.png

Back