Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Liberia, anyone?

Enjoyed the read Drew, interesting to hear views from the "inside" as it were, a position I'll never be in.

Thanks for posting and good luck with the "family" affairs.

Mate of mine spent 10 years out there and felt the same Drew when asked what exactly he did he would reply - teach "farmers" that water only runs downhill" . I only mention it because its possible you may have met him and may not know that he passed away a few of months ago . R.I.P Frank Caley aka Mad Mr Frank as i believe he was known in Africa .

Mate of mine spent 10 years out there and felt the same Drew when asked what exactly he did he would reply - teach "farmers" that water only runs downhill" . I only mention it because its possible you may have met him and may not know that he passed away a few of months ago . R.I.P Frank Caley aka Mad Mr Frank as i believe he was known in Africa .

I'm not really an Africa guy, so I don't know him. Though I have taught US Army Corps of Engineers Colonels that water seeks its own level. And it was a serious fight to do so.

Probably just as well given the news that went with it , obviously Africa is a big place but Frank was something of an involuntary co-ordinater such as yourself working to convince UN officials to release supplies so he could take them to a local warlord who would then have to be convinced that if he didn't sell the supplies to those in dire need at a reasonable price then there would be no more deliveries , so i thought similar circles maybe . I remember him telling me about someplace they enjoyed reasonable success building a well and school and the like . Then one day they were ordered by radio to be ready for emergency evac immediately and a plane arrived to collect them . Obviously i asked what happened ? to which he replied with a shrug "i don't know , we never went back so i assume there was nothing to go back to" . Tough way to live life that .

An amirable cause Drew.

Once I get my PayPal account unblocked (for no reasons given by them) I'll seriously consider making a donation.

Needless to say PayPal have really pissed me off by blocking all my cards assigned to my PayPal account, and the repercussions are far reaching, such as my inability to contribute to this worthy cause.

Anyway, my admiration to you guys for all the hard work and risk exposure during this horrific episode of modern history.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks! And I agree with you about PayPal.

Sometimes I think we've bought into a dictatorship of IT guys, limiting ourselves to their utter and complete lack of imagination/warped view of humanity.

Back