Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

lift kit +6 stability problem

bobo2

Country Flag
montenegro
hello guys
I need help !!
I installed lift kit OME about an year ago and wheel spacers +3cm.After that I lost stability especially on the wet road.
I enybody have experience with same things I would greatly appreciate it,giving me advice!
Cheers

Did you extend trailing arms and stuff to ensure the wheelbase measurements stay as they should be ?

Thank You for Your answer Shajne!!
I installed +2inch lift kit OME. Company who sell me tolod that for 2inch I no need to do any alteration with trailing arms and nowhere
what you think about that?
Thanks again

IMG-52e91a9878878b9ac7cce24160e16039-V.jpg
IMG-2fb3ad8cddcc85ed10fe924247706901-V.jpg

Lovely truck Bobo, looks in great condition too.

I had the exact same problem as you. Had a 50mm suspension lift and no additional parts except 30mm wheel spacers (if you go up you have to go out). Car was scary at speed, especially in the wet, very unstable steering. I found out that the steering castor angle had been reduced to almost zero by the lift because the front axle was now tipped forwards. So I had "castor correction bushes" fitted to the front of the radius arms and suddenly everything was completely back to normal. These are bushes where the mounting bolt is off-centre. The ones I got were actually for a Patrol, but fitted perfectly. That's what you need. Longer radius arms will do the same job but the bushes are way cheaper and work just fine. Maybe someone on here knows where you can get a set of 4.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hey Tel Boy
Yes my car is in very good conditions,my chassis is like a factoty new. Place where I live is almost without snow and salt on the roads.
Thank You very much with your explanation,its very clear to me now,what are you talking about.
I appreciate it very much

Are these the bushes you are talking about?

Yes, the 4 on the left look like the ones you need. The bushes in front of the axle will have the bolt at the top and the ones behind the axle will be at the bottom. Stable steering restored, no more scary moments on the road.

Everything clear
Thank You very much!
Are You familiar with Dobinson products?
I find some Dobinson SPF1721K bushes up to 75mm lift kit,but there are saying that is for LJ79 model. If I am not wrong that is the same thing . 70 73 79 have the same front part of the vehicle!
How much can cost that what I looking for?

Dobinsons have a good reputation for suspension parts, although I am not familiar with them myself. Having said that, my bushes were fitted by Frogs Island and I see that they sell Dobinsons so maybe that is what I have without knowing. They didn't tell me what brand they gave me, but whatever they are, they are good.

So far as I know you are right that the front of your car, my car and the 79 all have the same parts. Unless some other knowledgeable person here contradicts us then that sounds a good assumption. I guess you could email Dobinsons for confirmation, but even they may not be sure because I don't think the 70 or 73 were ever imported into Australia.

The 75mm bushes seem to have a big offset to the centre bolt with very little rubber on one side. For a 50mm lift my preference would be a 50mm bush with more rubber on the narrow side. Cost seems pretty reasonable. I see Frogs Island do a set for £24 and it looks like they are selling the same set on ebay for only £10 !! Fitting will cost more. Good luck with your project. I know you will be pleased with the results.

I understand
I am very grateful for the exhaustive explanation!!
Is the Frog Island site where I can order online?
Everything what I found online for now cost between 150 and 250euro per kit wihout shipping

Wow! That seems a very high price for 4 bushes. Have a look at these :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184035898268

http://www.dobinsons.pl/reall/adm/upload/File/Toyota/TOY-79.pdf

The Dobinsons page seems to confirm that this kit SPF1721K you were looking at is for a 79 series LandCruiser - first column, one up from bottom. Frogs Island also supplies this kit on ebay. My misunderstanding on this, the cost is £10 each, not for the kit.

You could try emailing Frogs Island direct for details, cost and shipping cost to Montenegro ([email protected]). Their website was working yesterday but today it just shows a message that it has been shut down for redevelopment. Timing is not good on this, most places in UK shut down or have minimum staff until 2 Jan. Looks like you may have to be patient until January when all staff should be back.

I allready seen all of that,some them have not ship to Montenegro some of them have high cost for shipping.
I called lokal dealer ARB where I bought lift kit OME and ordrerd OME castor correction Bushes for 150euro. I dont care for about 50 euro diferent price,I will have that for 7 days,better then crash the car somewhere
Thank You my friend very much!!!

Looks perfect. Shame about the price. But sometimes you just have to buy what you can get now (or soon) and without problems. Glad you have got it sorted.

Yep that is correct!
About 500euro cost bushes kit front and rear genuine Toyota at the local Toyota dealer!

Back