Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lithium battery install

garygiles1963

Hi

I'm thinking of installing a Lithium battery into my LC120.

Would appreciate any advice from anyone who has already done this.

I looking at REDARC BCDC1240D DC Battery to Battery Charger 40A, this seems a very popular unit. Any thoughts on this unit.

Can anyone recommend someone to do the installation work. I wouldn't mind having a go myself but I don't have access to a garage.

Regards
Gary

I'm also in the middle of looking into fitting one but I want mine in the engine bay, it only needs to be a smallish one for me.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Rosys truck, hmm, have you tidied up your install?

Been thinking about fitting a Lithium battery but I really can't swallow the cost. Last time I checked it was the price of two or three good quality ACM batteries.

Do lithium batteries need a special charger, or would a ctek d250s and smartpass system work with them fine ?

I think they need some magic.

Still early days for me, but the research I have found seems to say you need a compatible charger. The cost is very high. But the weight is a third. Also a 80ah li is an equivalent to 120ah agm. They charge much quicker too.

Looks a very nic3 install job on Rosy truck.

G.

Do lithium batteries need a special charger, or would a ctek d250s and smartpass system work with them fine ?

The float charge is what would slowly kill the lithium batteries - they don't like being held at a high voltage.

Don't believe everything you read. They may very well have provided all that gear to one of their customers but that wasn't me. @fbnss will confirm that setup looks nothing like mine which is still "temporarily" mounted to the side of my drawers.

That said, I did buy my manager 30 from PPT and left a review here https://www.portablepowertech.com/product/redarc-manager30-bms1230s2-uk/

See, I was never any good at waffling

Back