Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lj70 build thread

That is looking really good now. And I also think the sample cruiser looks the mutts! I admire your taste!! :)

Very nice! Get driving it while suns out!
Can’t wait too but away on my honeymoon at the moment. I hear it’s nice back home! Cars without a/c and sunroof(was a bit rusty):), going to be a bit hot for my short snout dogs.

5C0C6696-B111-428F-8B5E-CCF06AE8839C.jpeg

Cheers Gents!!

I think the smaller tyres look lost in the arches though. I’ll have to go back to 33’s when I can.

Thers a nice new bfg km3 235/85 r16 coming out very soon!!
Enjoy your hols until you can get back to the Cruiser Bund, its really coming on now.

Thers a nice new bfg km3 235/85 r16 coming out very soon!!
Enjoy your hols until you can get back to the Cruiser Bund, its really coming on now.
Would need some new alloys for those big’uns.

It came on 1 year old 33’s and year old exhaust when I bought it!(apparently)lol

73B156E6-41D9-40BF-8726-B6A66D613160.png 5196939B-BA6F-4801-A775-24A9DA509192.jpeg 95D0AC51-AF4E-491A-AF52-F456BF46ABBF.png

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
How nice to see what it was again... yuk!!

Great job and congrats on the splice, come back refreshed and finish off the odd ends, super cool truck there :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap:

How nice to see what it was again... yuk!!

Great job and congrats on the splice, come back refreshed and finish off the odd ends, super cool truck there :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap:

Cheers Clive. The wait is almost over but the pull to use it is not strong enough to draw me back early.

Would actually like to try its performance out apart from reminding neighbours to not park to close to me. I’ll certainly come say hello if there is a get together.

When my bfg tyres came New there was a distinct blue marking over the white lettering and around it. I’m hoping my mate just hasn’t tried hard to get it off and that some tar remover will do the trick.

Just wondering if that’s the norm? Never bought a tyre with white lettering before.

5098B271-7844-43E4-9ADC-7906AA2B7FD4.png

Blue stuff is normal. It comes off in it's own time

I have the same tyres, they are nice. Blue goes away if you want quicker with a wet brush.

Cheers Clive. The wait is almost over but the pull to use it is not strong enough to draw me back early.

Would actually like to try its performance out apart from reminding neighbours to not park to close to me. I’ll certainly come say hello if there is a get together.

When my bfg tyres came New there was a distinct blue marking over the white lettering and around it. I’m hoping my mate just hasn’t tried hard to get it off and that some tar remover will do the trick.

Just wondering if that’s the norm? Never bought a tyre with white lettering before.

View attachment 144035
Looks stonking bund. A jet wash will get the blue off if you want it done

Cheers Ben - Alexy - Ben, I do appreciate all the help, advice and comments everyone’s given over this time. It really has made the process easier to digest. A much higher feeling of community on this site than I’ve experienced with car forums before.

Onto the mechanicals!!!

Reactions: Ben
Congratulations on the progress and getting hitched. Look forward to meeting up sometime when the truck’s complete and seeing it close up.

Congratulations on the progress and getting hitched. Look forward to meeting up sometime when the truck’s complete and seeing it close up.
Thank you! :)

I will 100% will get to an event, would like to say thanks to you and all in person. Top group.

It’s you we all need to thank for such a fabulous job on a cruiser that was otherwise heading towards the great cruiser home in the sky.

It’s you we all need to thank for such a fabulous job on a cruiser that was otherwise heading towards the great cruiser home in the sky.

I drove my 560 SEC to and from our wedding the other day, I thought it looked ace, Mrs has already said we can try and store that as would be special to hang on to and it’s not worth a fortune of money.

Plan is to get her pregnant and drive her home from the hospital in the LC so that’s a keeper too. ;)

So unless my guys have decided to spray on a wooden crate I’d say that paint finish is looking very glass like? He wasn’t even trying to show me, I just asked if they’ve got the side steps on.

B6624651-1E5F-4A51-8D27-89892C688362.jpeg

Reactions: Ben
It does look a good paint job Imust say, it’s lacquered i presume?

Back