Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 mountain bike options?

Simon_LJ70

Garage
Looking for the best way to transport a couple of mountain bikes around on my LJ70, has anyone got a rack or mount they can recommend?

Shouldn't this be titled "LJ70 mounting bike options?"

:laughing-rollingyellow:

I'll get my coat.

Ha, nice one Paul! Fair enough it's a 21.5" frame so not far off been bigger than the LJ70!!

I've got one that mounts to the spare wheel and I've gotta say, I never feel completely comfortable using it on greenlaning trips (although I do). The saving grace of mine is the straps that hook over the top of the back door when the bikes are on, and these take a good portion of the weight off the spare wheel mount. I do sometimes wonder how long my back door hinges are going to last and I keep checking them for stress marks but it's all good so far...

Jim.

Thanks Jim, Simon that looks a great option, do you know of a uk stockist?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Unfortunately there isn't one yet as George only developed the rack last year. He is the admin on LCOOL so is friendly and knowledgeable. The easist way to get them over is a group buy but I know only one other person on the forum who was thinking about it. George will supply with a couple of bars missing to keep shipping down (source locally). He is currently flat out supplying and developing a new town and country rack which he'll have on the website. I reckon a supplier here could do worse than start importing these if they can work on green ovals too. George has an 80 so the product development has been spot on. Unfortunately I can't participate in a group buy as I just paid for mine.

That is a splendid looking carrier :clap: Could you give us a ball park figure Si?

Prices are here http://www.isi-carriers.com/purchase.html which makes them a premium when looking at other bike racks but I weigh it up in terms of watching my two bikes floating off down a river crossing or flying off on a big rocky bump. I didn't think any others came close. Plus it helps having rellies in Oz who owe you a Christmas present ;) . They were more attractive when the exchange rates were more favourable. I'm minimising shipping costs by adding it to a larger consignment coming from Melbourne.

Gotchyah :cool: Aye, it was much more fun with the Aussie Lira about ;)

Back