1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LJ70 Slow Project

Shaun Oct 5, 2017

1. Shaun

Shaun Member I am in uk

Map
    A lot more yet Ben.
    I have started welding the body too of which I will post some pics.
    Will get there eventually

2. Shaun

Shaun Member I am in uk

Map
    DBAAEA4E-794C-4788-AFFC-E8ABC034A97A.jpeg 5F3F19BF-1ADB-460A-BDD5-F71F5A790B25.jpeg 39524FE3-E1AE-46EA-A5E2-BF272D772FA9.jpeg
    Fitted a new exceedy clutch kit and in went the engine.
    Engine mounts don’t line up so made some extra bits on the chassis.

Ben likes this.
  3. Bund

Bund Member I am in great_britain

Coming along, will you have to replace the rear wings and inner arches?

Nice you have the 3ltr engine, I was looking at the 70 on eBay with the 3ltr engine but went for more than I can justify until I absolutely need a new engine.

4. Shaun

Shaun Member I am in uk

Map
    It is slowly but surly.

Im making the inner and outer arches.

With the 3ltr, your prob best going the route Ben took and look out for a 4 runner as they have a mechanical fuel pump plus there will be parts like steering pipes to use and a load of parts for you to sell.

Ben likes this.
  5. Bund

Yeah Bens been filling me in luckily, this is being advertised with the 1 kz engine but as in the later car I guess won’t have matching parts that you mention I’ll get with a 4 runner? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/323182704481

I don’t actually need an engine yet and as I’m already in deep with the restoration it can wait.

Good effort on making those, I had to buy mine, long wait and not cheap.

6. Shaun

Shaun Member I am in uk

Map
    If you can get it for handy money you can use the engine etc and sell everything else.
    Off memory you will need a sump, ps pipes and oil pickup from a surf or 4Runner as it’s the wrong way round in a Colorado.
    I’m 99% sure you can use your 2.4 diesel pump.

7. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member Guru I am in australia

Map
    2.4 pump wont work.

But iwan_t24 has fitted a Daihatsu Fourtrack pump I think it was. :icon-biggrin:

8. Shaun

Shaun Member I am in uk

Map
    Maybe it was the later tin top 2.4 pump... was a while ago.
    I seen Iwan fitted a Diahatsu pump

9. Bund

I’ll hold off until I need an engine, to much money going out, getting married at the end of the month and current project is up in the air.

About the only thing anyone remarked on when i bought it was the sound of the engine being ok but no history with the car so not sure when timing belt was last changed.

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter