Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ70 with rear diff lock

Simon_LJ70 said:
Ben, cannot see a link? Could be a Tapatalk problem though

strange i can see it? :?

ebay item number:- 150580170971 :thumbup:

its a right hand drive but it says left in the description :?

Cheers Ben, first one of those I have seen, have a load of sales brochures for the UK 70 series and cannot see any mention of a option to buy the locking diffs as an extra, very strange

Simon_LJ70 said:
Cheers Ben, first one of those I have seen, have a load of sales brochures for the UK 70 series and cannot see any mention of a option to buy the locking diffs as an extra, very strange

out of curiosity how much were LJ70's when new in this country? :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Maybe i,m missing something ,but where does it say factory rear diff lock in that advert.it only mentions electric locking hubs but does appear to have the diff lock button just below the steering wheel and the diff lock symbol on the dash though i dont know if this was standard on the later shape lj,s irrespective of coming with diff locks or not
Im in the middle of fitting an e locker from a lj78 into the back axle of my early shape lj70 and so far can confirm that gear ratios on the two are the same and the drive shafts on the two are the same as well.we wasted a lot of time at the weekend trying to get the e locker out of the old axle til we realised that it was in its locked position and will not come out of the diff casing in that position.il try and do a thread with some pictures when we modify my existing diff casing to accept the e locker if that will be a help to anyone

Have a look at the Q&A section at the end of the page - Ben asked the question :cool:

Funny you mentioned having to unlock the diff on yours to get it out - I just changed the diff on my 80 t'other week & it was necessary to lock 'em up before removing them!!! Looking forward to seeing how your's turns out.

Cheers

yeh Gav.its quite a different set up on 70,s compared to the 80,s.i didnt have a workshop manual to hand and the only one i could easily access online was one for the 80 sereis cruiser which may have been more of a hindrance than a help

ben said:
Simon_LJ70 said:

out of curiosity how much were LJ70's when new in this country? :)

Ben, the price list for 1991 has a retail price for a land cruiser II as £18,611.32, a VX in the same year was £28,645.71

thanks Simon. :thumbup:

i wonder why the VX was 10 grand more? :think:

I think this was the 60 series model, it's a big 4 ltr truck. Just got some Japanese 70 series brochures in the post today, loads of cool extras available in these

Back