Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lj78 arches/flares

Ash Awbery

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi all I've finally managed to get myself an lj78 :dance:
(I already have an lj70 but now have a growing family and need more room for camping in Wales)
the model I have doesn't have arches on and I'm planning to get some new wheels and tyres and just wondered if anyone can recomend somewhere I can some at a seasonal price.

Thanks

I've seen 4 inch flares on the internet, but that's a lot of flare. I am currently looking to track down a 78 (wide) which appears to have about 1 1/2 - 2 in flares from the factory. Whether they are removable or not, I don't know.

My only concern with hzj76 arches is that the front wings are different so I'm not sure they will sit right? I would think the rears would be the same.

Thanks

Make a drwaing & compare
I do not have a 78/79 with mit at this moment to compare, but I believe U will find someone who will....

are these the 4 inch flares you found? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271371383905

They seem to be the only reasonably priced flares I can find but as you say they are too wide.
I don't have access to any other 70 series to compare flares too, I found some other flare from Oz but they are quite expensive.

The alternative is to find flares from something else... I've found these discovery ones so I will have to find a landrover (much easier to find) and have a measure and compare.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191954786904

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If I am not much mistaken, the D1&RRC wheelarch is rather different in size/shape compared to the J7

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Yes you are right the RRC arch is very different but having looked around some of the aftermarket discovery flare are squarer like the lj78. I'm not saying they will fit I'm just saying it might be an avenue to consider.

Ash

Lave no stone unturned :)

The D1 pictured above has had its wheel arch "adjusted"...
so it isn`t truely representative

Back