Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ78 (Auto) Light Reminder Relay Modification

zfsteering

I have found a used light reminder relay from a GB LJ70 C/W with the connector & + 30cm of the original wiring loom & would like to patch it into my JP LJ78 (Auto) wiring.

As previously mentioned the Japanese LJ78 (Auto) does not have a light reminder relay but a reverse gear reminder relay in it's place.

There are four wires that feed into this relay (85969-90400). They are:-

Black & White
Green & Orange
Grey
Black & Yellow

Where exactly do they patch into the GB LJ70 wiring & what is their function as I would like to install this as close to the original factory set up as possible in my LJ78 (Auto)?

With thanks.

Stephen

Toyota number is 85969-90K00.
If i remember correctly, i found this relay under the dashboard when i was searching for headlamp washer relay. So lie down on the driver side floor and look upwards (you´ll see steering wheel axle and million miles of wire spaghetti), and you might find correct connector.

I have managed to check the LJ70 wiring diagram for the light reminder relay, pins connect as follows:-

Black & White - From "Diode" for interior light (8 - 1) / To "Door" courtesy SW LH (8 - 1)
Green & Orange - From "Tail" Fuse (4 - 3)
Grey - From "CIG" Fuse (9 - 2)
Black & Yellow - From "Engine" Fuse (2 - 1)

I will check again to be 100% sure that the LJ78 does not have this wiring & make a plan from there.

Thanks for all your help.

Stephen

Back