Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ78 for sale on the street

Jacob100

Supporter
Stopped and snapped this on my way through Barnet in north London this morning. Might be of interest to somebody. The mileage history looks a bit dubious but the owner claims it’s faultless and fully rebuilt (he sent me 60+ photos on WhatsApp...). Asking 9k.

E6E70AD7-7672-4A43-AE0E-1DF5DD3A0C01.jpeg
D591BF82-BC44-479E-9EE6-38F575CCA371.jpeg
90AD4834-D049-436C-9ACE-C4F60D743E00.jpeg

£9k - when did that happen!

Are LJ's worth that?

Overpriced by about 50% imo.

I know what you’re saying. Every single LJ70 I’ve seen lately has been north of 8k. Some of them look very average.

There getting there, no one in the right mind would buy that one for that much surly but with the early Prado's being legal in america to import the prices in japan are about this sometimes even more for a nice example. One can only hope the price of 80's are going to go through the roof in the coming years.

The import 78's are getting quite rare in the uk. I read once that there's limited numbers intact because of the heads cracking and then they've been broken up into bits.. mainly because the suzuki guys are looking for the axles (disc rear uprated axle) steering boxes and transfer cases for their trucks.. similar to the lj70's are the same parts except the different rear axle which you can not fit the disk rear setup into a uk 70 because of the different axle case.

Essentially the 78 body is the same as the equivalent hzj heavy truck on leaf springs with the hd front panels and the hd body was designed into the lighter lj/kzj range! The jdm lj78 body has identical trim and extra's that the hzj equivalent has.

The more rare they become the more sought after they become.. way of thinking.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back