Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

lock nuts for steelies ?

jaykayuk said:
anyone recommend any lock nuts for the steel rim?

Nice wheels, where did you get them? can't help you with the lock nuts though.

Depending on you wheels and therefore nut type, they should be the same as for alloy wheels. Certainly the case for my taper seat 80 wheels, alloy and steel.

Any one that stocks locking nuts for 4wds should be able to help, but try Silverline.

hi yep

OEM's , ive got a 95 80 series GS

didnt bother about lock nuts before,, but just had the 285/75/16 BF M/T tyres put all round at West Coast...think ill sleep better at night with the locks on

just doing some searches and most come up for alloy wheels... is there any difference in the seating/taper ? below is a pic of mine

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

not to fussed about whether new or used, so if any one has a set that will fit OEM steelies please PM me, willing to buy it of you.

cheers

these are the ones i bought for my cruiser. :thumbup:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2728wt_905

they looked the most secure ones i could find, but......................................

if some one really wants your wheels/tyres all theyve got to do is hammer a socket onto the lock nut. :roll:

edit: just looked on the listing and it says there for alloy wheels, but they work fine on my steel black modulars. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
agree with you there Ben,,still can be stolen,, just more of a deterrant to an opportunist going past

went on the Mcgard site ,,came up with model 24195 m12 x 1.5 ( seems both alloys and steel take the same model)

went and bought a set today,,taper seems the same but nut seems little bit longer

tightens well, happy with that

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

They are the ones I was going to suggest - I got mine from Halfords for £15 :thumbup:

Back