Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Locking and security on my 120

garygiles1963

HI

Just want to check how secure is my 120 is with the standard Toyota install. If someone manages to open the drivers door, it the central locking switch disabled?

The reason I ask is if I use the bottom rear drawer as a secure box, would someone be able to open the back door by using the central lock switch?

Should I be considering adding a extra deadlock on the back door, if so has anyone done this on a 120?

Thanks.

Regards

Gary

I'm pretty sure the central locking does all doors. Fitting a visible deadlock onto the rear door might give out the message that something is worth breaking into the vehicle for. Do you have an option to fit a strong lock to the draw itself? Would slow them down more if they do break in.

Trevor.

I had the same thoughts, like putting an alarm on a property, attracts more attention.

My main interest is, is the central locking switch on the drivers door disable when the alarm is set. Logic tells me, that it should be. Because if someone manages to get in, then they would be able to open all the doors and then help them selves. I'm really not sure how to test this without annoying the neighbours :).

G.

Just remember that when you double lock the truck, the internal motion and glass breaking sensors get disabled

Back