Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Locking rear diff for LJ78?

wobbly

Garage
Can someone give me a ballpark figure for the cost of a rear axle with a locking diff in it & discs brakes? Complete with wiring etc.

Pete

i bought my one about 4 weeks ago Pete from a breakers ooop north.i paid £250-00 + £40-00 to have it sent down.it was complete except for missing the calipers which wasnt an issue as i only needed the e locker from it and am gonna keep the drive shafts as spares.its got decent discs and pads on it which your welcome to have for nothing if you,re in cheshunt at any time soon as i,m only gonna chuck the remains of the axle in the dump.i have to admit though i did buy it blind and hoped for the best as i really couldnt be bothered trotting to hull to have a look at it first but to be honest even if i,d seen it first i probably wouldnt have been any the wiser as to whether it was good or bad.i might have noticed that it bore absolutely no similarity to my axle tho !!

Cheers mate.

I've seen this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1991-TOYOTA-LAND- ... 20b82e5076

I'm trying to suss out whether to buy it and swap the rear axles over, could then sell it off again after putting on my old axle and swapping the instrument binnacle.

My dad can pop down and pick the bits up - pm me your contact details ans I'll give him the good news!

Cheers

Pete

Back