Locking Wheel Nut Removal

Julian

Sep 9, 2012
Alverstoke
I just used a chisel and a harmer
Then replaced the locking nuts with standard wheel nuts, didn't fancy fighting with the locking bit in the field

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

fridayman

Jun 25, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Garage
Will this work on the round ones with rotating sleeve and the 3 holes in? I might try it with a punch pointed into the holes. Maybe wait until the morning when I can see what I am doing too.

Julian

Sep 9, 2012
Alverstoke
I just worked on the holes, came off pretty easy
I believe it is the method of choice of wheel thieves

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
I am in great_britain
Feb 24, 2010
springs, gauteng
There are a number of different types out there. It's basically a nut jam packed with pins which move back and forth. They will move to match the holes / cuts and it should work? Not sure what yours look like but I reckon it would work on a 120s

fridayman

Jun 25, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Garage
For the sake of £20 it is worth finding out if they work I guess. I'm not sure if someone else's key would work..? Again, might be worth a try before I go down the brute force and ignorance route.

silvercruiser

Mar 22, 2010
Essex
Just go to the local tyre place and bung them a tenner they have locking nut removal kits.( well my local one does)

Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks