Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Locking wheel nuts

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
Now I've got a nice set of ally wheels I want to keep them, can anyone recommend a good set of locking nuts?

Last edited:
I know Chris was saying the other day that the 80 wheels come with different wheel nut configurations. I cant remember what post it is now.:think:

so its only a matter of checking your rims and seeing what type fit.

I know Chris was saying the other day that the 80 wheels come with different wheel nut configurations. I cant remember what post it is now.:think:

so its only a matter of checking your rims and seeing what type fit.
I've had a look at ny rims and there is a cone shape recess but it is not deep enough for the nuts with the flange for the cone and the flat washer to contact at the same time, it would be the cone that contacts first, so what is the flat washer for?

I've had a look at ny rims and there is a cone shape recess but it is not deep enough for the nuts with the flange for the cone and the flat washer to contact at the same time, it would be the cone that contacts first, so what is the flat washer for?

The nuts with washers are for the rim type without the conical profiled holes.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The nuts with washers are for the rim type without the conical profiled holes.
Why then do these have a washer and a conical end?

LOCKING NUTS 3.jpg

IMO it's just a chamfer to ease centralizing the nut to catch the thread.

The outer diameter is a close fit to the holes in the rim and the washer sits in a recess in the rim.

I had this nut type on some BFG alloys years ago....

IMO it's just a chamfer to ease centralizing the nut to catch the thread.

The outer diameter is a close fit to the holes in the rim and the washer sits in a recess in the rim.

I had this nut type on some BFG alloys years ago....

The recesses on my wheels are these so what would be the correct nut? as far as I know the wheels are original Land Cruiser ones.

LOCKING NUTS.jpg

Last edited:
Can you give me the item number Clive? I can't get that link to open.

I don't know why the link doesn't work for you Chas, it worked for me from your reply... anyway, there are plenty like this on offer, one of the item numbers is

401017339752 :thumbup: There are comparable locking sets too... 360837015427

Last edited:
I don't know why the link doesn't work for you Chas, it worked for me from your reply... anyway, there are plenty like this on offer, one of the item numbers is

401017339752 :thumbup: There are comparable locking sets too... 360837015427

Another odd one, when I clicked on that number link I got an error message saying wrong protocol or something like that but if I copied and pasted the number it worked fine. It seems that my existing nuts (Ooer) are the right ones it's just getting a suitable set of lockin nuts.

Ill have a new set I can sell chas. your wheels are the 12 valve ones not the 24valve wheels

Ill have a new set I can sell chas. your wheels are the 12 valve ones not the 24valve wheels

That's OK then, it's a 12v 80. Is that a set of locking nuts Karl? what type are they, can you post a pic please?

Locking nuts mate yes. Ill grab a photo tomorrow and text it you over.

Ill have a look Tony. Wouldn't have anything new but may have a second hand set. Ill be there tomorrow so ill let you know. Thanks

Back