Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

London Pollution Charges

Scott,

thanks, I had totally missed that. That really stuffs me up, my workshop is just inside the south circular.

G.

To think we can send a monkey into space, build an international space station and plan to send humans to Mars, yet alone all the technology SETI uses to look for ET, and we cant invent one small gadget to retrofit to a diesel car to knock out NOx. I have no trust in politicians, mayors and car companies asking us to trade in our ageing cars. And I will not.

Barcelona is also introducing similar measures starting in 2018 when on days when there is high contamination vehicles that dont meet Euro 1 will be banned , on street parking will be forbidden but the cost of public transport will be reduced.From 2020 these will be banned completly.One councillor made the claim that older vehicles were 10 times as polluting as modern cars but as mentioned earlier the test is bullshit - on the wall of my local ITV (mot) station i saw notice from Toyota instructing the testers how to get a modern Toyota into "test mode" for the emissions test - i wold like to see a real world comparison between say a 1KZ TE & a modern diesel.....the car industry with the collusion of politicians has stitched us up once again with so called environmental measures making modern diesels over complicated , fragile & expensive to fix.Barcelona does have a serious pollution problem but no one talks about the giant stinking steelworks in Molins Del Rey or the cruse ships that dock , engines running for onboard power , spewing out pollution.

Reactions: Ben
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back