Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

"LOOK AT THIS"

Kiera Wells

Country Flag
uk
Wow what a smart looking 80 series low mileage, very clean and tidy nearly the same colours as mine.
TOYOTA LANDCRUISER VX AMAZON DIESEL24V MANUAL P REG *STUNNING - IRREPLACEABLE*
nice to see the prices are going up it just shows that people are looking after them and selling for good money.
can anybody lend me £12000 its worth a look.

Wow what a smart looking 80 series low mileage, very clean and tidy nearly the same colours as mine.
TOYOTA LANDCRUISER VX AMAZON DIESEL24V MANUAL P REG *STUNNING - IRREPLACEABLE*
nice to see the prices are going up it just shows that people are looking after them and selling for good money.
can anybody lend me £12000 its worth a look.
That's been for sale several times now for quite some time if it's the one i think you mean. Does look lovely though. I'd want auto though if spending that much money.

Is there supposed to be a link - or maybe its copyrighted :icon-rolleyes:

pretty sure they've been trying to sell that for a year or so, and the price has gone up...………...

yes sorry about the link. ebay number 382499965320 don't know how to give a link yet..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's a decent looking 80. Forget the price for the moment. If a good look around shows it to be very very tidy inside and out then you have to ask yourself if you're prepared to pay a good lump to get something that at the top of the heap. I do think that for a UK car with 130k on it, £15k is perhaps a little too strong. But a couple of grand less and it would be a very attractive proposition. £6k for something with 200 k on it and a load of work doing, rust underneath and needing a front rebuild - or £12k to drive and forget? The problem is that people sell these claiming all the MOT history and stamps etc etc but I'd bet diamonds that it'll still need front oil seals at the least. So a look around is going to be necessary. Notts is my neck of the woods so if someone want some company to look around for an independent view then let me know.

My boss was talking to a dealer out Chelmsford way week before last and he's just sold a low mileage 67k for £17000. and the customer was very pleased. so it looks like if you what a Toyota Land Cruiser 80 series pay for it. If I sold mine what would I go and buy that would do the same job with little trouble.

I've been to a place that looks very similar to that in Notts but it was not that house. I let a very decent 24valve go that I should really have bought from those guys.

That's a Scorpion 5000 rebadged alarm. If there is only one fob it's a slight drawback as you can't get new ones and similar fobs can't be reprogrammed. Scorpion have disposed of all equipment and records for this alarm.

That's a Scorpion 5000 rebadged alarm. If there is only one fob it's a slight drawback as you can't get new ones and similar fobs can't be reprogrammed. Scorpion have disposed of all equipment and records for this alarm.
Got one
IMG_3310.jpg

• Nearside Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings (6.1.B.2)
  • Offside Rear Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings (6.1.B.2)

Be interested to understand how bad this was and how they repaired it given the upper body looks good. I love MOT checker.... ;-)

Seeing serious chassis corrosion on a MOT history would stop me even thinking about looking at a vehicle. Great tool to help assess a potential buy.

I have worked on dozens of 80 s now and firstly never seen one that had a chassis so badly corroded that it would cause me alarm in respect of it being structurally unsafe, but also I have worked on many that had brand new MOTs which should never have been on the road. So frankly I don't give a stuff about an MOT that I have not presided over myself. It seems that it's as shady as it ever was. I have a local place that simply will not pass anything that isn't up to spec and that's why I go. I reckon that £40 to double check that my work is sound is a small insurance to pay.
I won't mention members by name of course, but how can you pass a vehicle with pieces missing out of the brake disc and no handbrake function in any shape or form? Do I place any credence in an MOT report that says a vehicle has rust issues? No, not one iota. Not until I have looked at it in person or had someone I trust look at it for me.

Is there supposed to be a link -
I have worked on dozens of 80 s now and firstly never seen one that had a chassis so badly corroded that it would cause me alarm in respect of it being structurally unsafe, but also I have worked on many that had brand new MOTs which should never have been on the road. So frankly I don't give a stuff about an MOT that I have not presided over myself. It seems that it's as shady as it ever was. I have a local place that simply will not pass anything that isn't up to spec and that's why I go. I reckon that £40 to double check that my work is sound is a small insurance to pay.
I won't mention members by name of course, but how can you pass a vehicle with pieces missing out of the brake disc and no handbrake function in any shape or form? Do I place any credence in an MOT report that says a vehicle has rust issues? No, not one iota. Not until I have looked at it in person or had someone I trust look at it for me.
All of my truck's 3 80 and a hilux have advisory on corrosion to underside and components on the paper mot None of them have any corrosion only a light surface rust at worst on the hilux and the 80s have virtually nothing. I asked my station why this was and they replied there old cars we're just covering our backs. Can make a mot history look a lot worse than it probably is.

@ Chris, there was a garage in Yorkshire doing MOTs mail order a few years back... people knock the IOM because we have no annual MOT, but the initial import test will fail 9/10 cars with a fresh UK MOT ticket.. and the road side testers will go through vehicles front to back if you get pulled.

As a general point, I agree - look at the vehicle yourself, yes - but if you're about to invest time and money travelling to view a vehicle, the MOT history is at least a starting point to understanding how honest the seller is, and gives you a start for asking questions. Also useful for me, as any UK mainland vehicle viewing immediately means as a minimum £200 in travel and a day off work.

Oh mine has had advisories for corrosion when it hasn’t really deserved them. But for me an mot history saying chassis corrosion is enough to tell me not to waste 10 hours of my time to go and look at a truck that isn’t as described.

If it was 30 minutes down the road I d go and look and make my own decision.

Disregarding that, you have to wonder why it hasn’t sold when it’s been for sale for so long. Hidden problems or overpriced?

Back