Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Looking for an FSM

l3n0x

Country Flag
hungary
Hello all!

I have a lot of FSM's, but can't find one that contains the charging system for the 1HD-FTE (the chapter in the 1HD-FTE engine service manual is not enough). I'm specifically looking for the torque values of the generator (alternator) & viscous unit.

Cheers.

Hi,

Have the Haynes manual for HDJ100 in front of me, they've got a few torque settings for the alternator:
Alternator pulley retaining nut = 110Nm
Alternator pivot bolt = 78Nm
Alternator adjuster bracket lock bolt = 29Nm

Couldn't find any settings for the viscous coupling.

Cheers

Hi,

Have the Haynes manual for HDJ100 in front of me, they've got a few torque settings for the alternator:
Alternator pulley retaining nut = 110Nm
Alternator pivot bolt = 78Nm
Alternator adjuster bracket lock bolt = 29Nm

Couldn't find any settings for the viscous coupling.

Cheers

Awesome! Thank you very much!

View attachment 159974
Screenshot_2019-10-09 Document - Charging pdf(1).png
Hello all!

I have a lot of FSM's, but can't find one that contains the charging system for the 1HD-FTE (the chapter in the 1HD-FTE engine service manual is not enough). I'm specifically looking for the torque values of the generator (alternator) & viscous unit.

Cheers.
Are these any good, the torque specification are for a petrol engine, but I dont think they will be any different on the diesel, also can you describe what you mean by 'Viscous unit' please.

Havea look at my next reply down. Sorry, still haven't quite got the hang of posting pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, still haven't quite got the hang of posting pictures :angry:

Attachments

• Charging.pdf
    489.8 KB · Views: 69
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Apologies, didn't see this message come through, yes, that's the one I've got. I've found I need to use a version of the Toyota FSM to augment it as the Haynes guide is a bit vague. Unfortunately I've only been able to find the V8 FSM not the HDJ... The Haynes guide covers so many different trucks that it's light on detail and sometimes misleading. Useful reference though. Sometimes youtube videos help to make sense of things as well!

Enjoy
The full FSM as seen on toyota-tech.eu. Covers, repair manual, engine repair manual (1HD-FTE, 2UZ-FE, 1FZ-FE). A/T (750, 442, 343). Has supplements for all year changes.
The only thing it lacks are the Electrical diagrams, which is a bummer. If anyone is able to get their hands on them, let us know.

I suggest that you download it, as eventually it might get taken down.

Enjoy
The full FSM as seen on toyota-tech.eu. Covers, repair manual, engine repair manual (1HD-FTE, 2UZ-FE, 1FZ-FE). A/T (750, 442, 343). Has supplements for all year changes.
The only thing it lacks are the Electrical diagrams, which is a bummer. If anyone is able to get their hands on them, let us know.

I suggest that you download it, as eventually it might get taken down.

Oh wow! You absolute diamond! Thank you for these! Been struggling along trying to join dots that aren't there for weeks!

Hi sorry, post 9 above suggests the full FSM from the Toyota-tech website. Having only just started looking at LCs and never logged into that website before I think I found the 100 LC 98-2007 FSM being part number PZ471-Z0020-CA which is quite a lot of cash if so!

toyota-tech.eu has a subscription that gives you access to the FSMs for most recent Toyotas sold in Europe.
Starts as low as €3/hour up to couple thousand per year.
The dump above is from there.

These might or might not be links for the FSMs for LC120, Hilux 97-06, RAV4 00-05 (the RAV is incomplete) from there.
That's all I have been able to find, so no point in asking for more

Hi sorry, post 9 above suggests the full FSM from the Toyota-tech website. Having only just started looking at LCs and never logged into that website before I think I found the 100 LC 98-2007 FSM being part number PZ471-Z0020-CA which is quite a lot of cash if so![/QU

Most if not all of the FSM FOC for the 100 are available on this LCC or other LC forums, just search and you will find them.

Don't go paying 'Loads of Money' for them.

Hi sorry, post 9 above suggests the full FSM from the Toyota-tech website. Having only just started looking at LCs and never logged into that website before I think I found the 100 LC 98-2007 FSM being part number PZ471-Z0020-CA which is quite a lot of cash if so!
Or you could, like GrahamR said, click on the word "enjoy" in IvanD's reply number 9....and all will be revealed.

Thanks both.

Back