Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Loss of power with turbo

lacii

Hello everybody,
I have a similar issue with my 120 perhaps someone could help address the cause.

When I try accelerate fast (therefore press the gas pedal considerably down) the car seems not to respond until the motor very slowly reaches about 2000 rev/min when it releases all the power instantly (perhaps because of the turbo).
First it started by doing this occasionally but now it is doing this almost every time I drive especially when the engine is still cold although it seems that the problem is never present when starting the engine and then starting to drive regardless of the temperature of the engine.
This behavior is extremely annoying and worrisome when trying to start moving after a green light in traffic lights and when trying to overtake slow cars ahead.

The 120 I own has a D4D 3.0 turbo diesel engine with 163 HP and with 5 speed automatic gearbox. The car has about 125.000 Mi (202.000 KM) on the clock and all main services like gearbox oil, motor oil and respective filters (including air filter) have been done about 6000 Mi (9500 KM) ago while this problem has showed up about 500 Mi (800 KM) ago.

I've also been to a local dealer when the problem first showed but there was no error logged in the car computer so we decided to wait some more time while hopping that in meantime an error would be logged but driving in such conditions is becoming very annoying.

Suggestions are highly appreciated.

Back