Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lost threads…?

StarCruiser

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
uk
This is one for @Crispin I expect as I've just done a search of all threads to try and find one I posted a couple of years ago about my speedo not working and the fix I did to sort it. No results it said. So I looked through all 'my threads' and still nothing. Unless I'm being a muppet here, and it was somebody else's thread I tacked on to, it seems to have gone!!

Any ideas?

Edit, just found it! I threadjacked someone else's thread. My bad. :)

Last edited:
How did you find it? It should have come up in the search?

I've thought from time to time that the search misses out on stuff. What thread and what were you searching for? Gives me something to check with.

I thought it was my thread Crispin https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/intermittent-speedometer.130650/ but it turns out it was a threadjacked by me. I was searching for threads I had posted so I had limited the search to only threads I had posted. :text-search:

I do seem to have trouble getting the Search to come up on the iPhone sometimes. I may have found the answer though as the search comes up at the top of the page and if it is scrolled down it doesn't show as it's in the bit above the top of the screen that you can't see. I'll update if that cures my problem with it.

TBH Rich, I've found the search facility much more productive since the upgrade. Before I didn't seem to be able to find anything, unless it was really obvious.

I give it a thumbs-up too, and you finding what you were looking for seems to validate that! :thumbup:

Yes I think you are right Clive, no complaints really. Can't really compare with the last one as I don't think I used it that much and apart from the odd time when the menu bar loads all the options on top of one another which corrects if I turn the phone, I'd say the platform is far superior to Tapatalk.
Good move. :thumbup::clap:

Last edited:
Its much better but i still use google to find illusive threads here particularly older ones .

Which reminds me of a useful feature i found on a modified car forum that i was going to suggest to Crispin though i can't remember if i ever did :doh:

How about a search feature that only searches the "who is doing what maintenance today" thread ?

There is so much useful info on that thread its like an encyclopaedia without index = needle in a haystack .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back