Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Loud clicking noise

Hi Russ, sorry for the delay in my reply.
I put up with my climate control ticking noise at traffic lights for several years now until something finally happened.
The AUTO climate control this week has finally stopped working and not allowing heat to come through. However I can still control heat manually.
Hopefully now that the ticking part/motor or whatever it is can now be tracked, parts ordered and rectified.
Looks like %reluctantly I will have to visit the Toyota Service Department and see what they suggest.
Last time I visited I had the traction control/ABA activation on turns on the highway. Working with Toyota head office in Australia and several visits plus on road computer hook up to monitor the condition they were unable to find the cause of the problem.
Sad really.
I found that the front wheel ABS sensors had moisture in them causing the vehicle to brake and attempt to straighten the vehicle while negotiating bends at highway speeds.
All good now, but no thanks to the dealer.
Will try and keep the Auto Climate Control clicking fix updated on this forum as I work through fixing the problem.
In the mean time if anyone fixes their problem before me please post or send me an email [email protected]
Many thanks
Rob

mine may be different to your , mine is definitely in the heater unit
Yeah Meggsie, I have the same in my 06 Sahara. Definitely something to do with the heater/Ac/ air... as Dave Mac said, if you turn the heat up full it will stop. I’ve pulled my dash apart, but I cannot find the offending part, although I have seen a couple of American YouTube vids on the subject

Yeah Meggsie, I have the same in my 06 Sahara. Definitely something to do with the heater/Ac/ air... as Dave Mac said, if you turn the heat up full it will stop. I’ve pulled my dash apart, but I cannot find the offending part, although I have seen a couple of American YouTube vids on the subject
reading a few pages on stalkbook, it appears to be the air blend valve. There is a company in the USA making a better quality one apparently
https://www.autozone.com/cooling-he...end-door-actuator-mt18626/558651_234449_33843

Back