Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Low gearing ....

Red Oktober

Garage
Country Flag
uk
...if that's the correct term for it. ..

put our 78 into low box 1L earlier today ....turned up the hand throttle thingy .. and got out

900 rpm and it crawled up our yard with ease

[youtube:3l07kaip]I5vKM4eBEPA[/youtube:3l07kaip]

I did that demo for my son - set it going along one of our lanes at 1000rpm on the hand throttle, low first, jumped out leaving him in the front passenger seat while I walked round the car as it bumbled along. Nearly tripped over in front of it, so won't be doing that demo again anytime soon. :roll:

The "street" term for it I believe is "ghost riding", my dad used to do it with his old Subaru estate for roping off areas. Stick it in Low 1st, leave the reel in the boot and you have enough time to bang in the stakes while the car pays out the rope!

I impressed a mate of mine a couple of years ago by driving up his steep driveway while standing on the side step outside the car steering through the window, I just cut the ignition at the top, stepped off and took a bow! :D

I use that hand throttle very often.

When doing crawling, I will turn it to about 1,000rpm and just hold on. More than enough torque to handle any obstacles.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That handthrottle is a great feature.
Use it to set the engine at a decent speed when winching.

Only a few occasions I've used it for driving.
Great for crossing ploughed fields diagonally, the car is rocking all the time and your foot on the gas isn't helping.
You can't have a more fluent takeoff with a trailer in sand.
Set the throttle, stick your head out of the window to watch forward movement and ease of the clutch. Minimum digging in.

Here's a couple that'll interest you :D

[youtube:1u1ehndj]JFk9yVwVLrE[/youtube:1u1ehndj]

[youtube:1u1ehndj]vZFLaX4J8fg[/youtube:1u1ehndj]

That was impressive ..... :think: :think: :think:

wonder how much one of those marlin t/cases costs :think:

Back