Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Low miles and umolested 80

Very nice and not far off on price if you ask me.

Depends what it like underneath i guess but i'd be weighing it up against the cost of having an engine reconditioned which is something i've never investigated but i bought a similar marine engine fully reconditioned for about £4500 .

As an import it will most likely be excellent. No lockers of course but to some that doesn't matter.

I doubt it needs a recon engine at 67k . Not sure what you mean by that.

Looks good but something doesn't feel right. How is the wheel worn through at that mileage? Hmm, wher's Columbo when you need him. Registerd in 97 doesn't make it a 97 build and I wonder if it had a speedo conversion perhaps? If it looks too good to be true, you know what ....

I was just thinking if the mileage adds 5 grand to the price how much would it cost to recondition an engine from higher mileage lower priced 80 , so for me overall condition would have to make it a 10 grand truck before i contemplated paying the low mileage premium .

Its a 97 no prob with that. Imports have to be registered on the date of original registration, also it has the passenger air bag. The steering wheel I wouldn't worry about, it is probably sun damage.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Surprised he got a major service AND a new alternator from Toyota for £670......

I'm with you now Shayne. For me, age and mileage aren't the key factors. It's body / chassis condition. Everything else can be fixed as you say. Sure body work can be fixed too, but it's just such a faff. Doing a wing or bonnet is one thing, but whole body off, chassis blast and paint ...arrrggghh!

I think low mileage adds to the intrinsic attraction. But in reality we know if there were two identical vehicles but one had twice the miles, yes we'd pick the lower mileage one but it would be pure vanity. We all have trucks with 200, 300 k on them and just how many of us have had to swap an engine? So nice selling point but the mileage alone certainly doesn't make it worth £15 on its own.

24v auto is a super combo. Yes I would add ARB lockers because for me an 80 without lockers is like a squirrel without nuts.

I'm with you now Shayne. For me, age and mileage aren't the key factors. It's body / chassis condition. Everything else can be fixed as you say. Sure body work can be fixed too, but it's just such a faff. Doing a wing or bonnet is one thing, but whole body off, chassis blast and paint ...arrrggghh!

I think low mileage adds to the intrinsic attraction. But in reality we know if there were two identical vehicles but one had twice the miles, yes we'd pick the lower mileage one but it would be pure vanity. We all have trucks with 200, 300 k on them and just how many of us have had to swap an engine? So nice selling point but the mileage alone certainly doesn't make it worth £15 on its own.

24v auto is a super combo. Yes I would add ARB lockers because for me an 80 without lockers is like a squirrel without nuts.
Almost a carbon copy of my truck. Mine has covered 130000 now but has leather and wood which i added. I love the 24v auto combination. As stated no lockers but its a sunday truck . My offroader is an import but that's fully locked.

Seperating the body from the chassis to blast and paint isn’t actually such a big job, that’s if you have the setup to do it of course.

I will be removing the body from my Patrol when I get it back to ice blast the body and treat it underneath, it’s rare to find a Patrol with zero rot and I want it keepit tha way.

Almost a carbon copy of my truck. Mine has covered 130000 now but has leather and wood which i added. I love the 24v auto combination. As stated no lockers but its a sunday truck . My offroader is an import but that's fully locked.

Lockers on a 24V auto are rare, it needs to be a "Snow Edition" whereas 12V imports tend to have then for some reason, along with the centre console fridge.
Have you got MPH speedo's in yours Gav or KM? Like you I've made my 24V auto as near UK VX spec as possible but can't sort the speedo out.

Re the link in the OP, its the advert wording that would have me thinking... language and syntax is weird - reads a bit like the "Dear Sirs, I am a Nigerian businessman with USD10,000,000 to invest...." emails... Also the seller seems to flog shoes and has pretty much zero history... smells a bit fishy...

He seems to sell kickers and cruisers.
if i was in the market again id certainly be having a look, id have to see if i could cope with the automatically changing gearbox though..

Re the link in the OP, its the advert wording that would have me thinking... language and syntax is weird - reads a bit like the "Dear Sirs, I am a Nigerian businessman with USD10,000,000 to invest...." emails... Also the seller seems to flog shoes and has pretty much zero history... smells a bit fishy...
Yeh I agree Dave s.. Have you seen those immaculate 40 series for sale on ebay for about 4 grand.. more like 15 grands worth. there is no way of contacting the seller. instead they give you some dodgy looking email address to click on.... then explain they are selling for there uncle.. Yeh right!!!

Lockers on a 24V auto are rare, it needs to be a "Snow Edition" whereas 12V imports tend to have then for some reason, along with the centre console fridge.
Have you got MPH speedo's in yours Gav or KM? Like you I've made my 24V auto as near UK VX spec as possible but can't sort the speedo out.
Yeah my speedo reads in mph with kms on the inner readout. It's as near as damn it spot on with Sat nav too. Goes like a greased weasel too

He seems to sell kickers and cruisers.
if i was in the market again id certainly be having a look, id have to see if i could cope with the automatically changing gearbox though..

This guy does buy Cruisers and flog em on. The last one I saw him list was the Import grey/black 60 auto I once owned. I;ve got to say though, the advert for the 60 was pretty honest having once owned the truck.
Mike, you would love the autobox, it really suits the 80.

Back