Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lower control arm bushes

Rob Cowell

Country Flag
wales
Changed mine today. Was using Milner orange plastic but since I've twice had top arms snap with those I thought I'd swap back to as close to OEM as I could and use Febest.

The bushes were pretty worn but worse they seem to have worn the metal surround of the control arms. Pressed new bushes in with a good coat of Loctite Stud & Bearing. Not sure how much good that will do but I don't think it'll hurt. Without the ridge left in the casing I don't think they'd have pushed in. Hopefully will at least make the MOT but I have a nasty feeling I'll be looking for new arms.

IMG_2704.JPG

IMG_2705.JPG

IMG_2706.JPG

Changed mine today. Was using Milner orange plastic but since I've twice had top arms snap with those I thought I'd swap back to as close to OEM as I could and use Febest.

The bushes were pretty worn but worse they seem to have worn the metal surround of the control arms. Pressed new bushes in with a good coat of Loctite Stud & Bearing. Not sure how much good that will do but I don't think it'll hurt. Without the ridge left in the casing I don't think they'd have pushed in. Hopefully will at least make the MOT but I have a nasty feeling I'll be looking for new arms.

View attachment 134421
View attachment 134422
View attachment 134423

OEM or equivalent every time with bushes. Ride, noise longevity. If poly bushes were better thats what they would use from new.

Back