Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Manchester thoughts

Dave2000

Supporter
Country Flag
spain
Turned on the TV to the news that Manchester has been the target of a terrorist attack. Nothing political here, just people (mostly youngsters) enjoying themselves.

Thoughts with the victims and their families.

regards

Dave

Turned on the TV to the news that Manchester has been the target of a terrorist attack. Nothing political here, just people (mostly youngsters) enjoying themselves.

Thoughts with the victims and their families.

regards

Dave
Just horrendous. Very sad.

This was first I have heard of this. Thoughts with victims' families and all those affected. Thanks to those who helped last night. Taxis apparently ferrying the injured to hospital for free.
Horrendous, cowardly and just plain evil. How anyone can 'celebrate' such an act (I.S.) is beyond comprehension. Just sickening.

As with all who abhor violence and destruction my thoughts too turn to the innocent affected but sadly the actions of a few to the many as seen in Manchester is the face of terrorism, the craven and dastardly
will always assault the innocent vulnerable and blame the victim.

Just shows what scum they are to target young children and families.....

Fucking bastard , I hope Hell really exists.Campaigning for the election has been rightly suspended but whats the odds on the press running stories tomorrow about Corbyns links with "terrorism" ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I like to second Julian, well writen. Very sad day indeed. My thoughts go out to everyone in Manchester involved.

G.

A couple of quotes I found that express my feelings better than I can at the moment:

"If your faith is opposed to experience, to human learning and investigation, it is not worth the breath used in giving it expression." E.W. Howe.

“And if the suffering of children goes to make up the sum of suffering needed to buy truth, then I assert beforehand that the whole of truth is not worth such a price.” Dostoyevsky.

:text-+1:

And all the sentiments expressed beforehand.

"Humanity cannot allow itself to become inhuman", me.

Coward .

If religious motivation is found to play any part in this then i think the leader of that religion (even if its the Pope) should be given a choice between publicly condemning the murderers soul to eternity in hell or serving 5 years in prison as an accessory to murder .

Very sad day indeed, especially for the youngsters and their families facing this horrific situation, my thoughts are with them too.
We all are paying the price for twisted foreign policies which I think have invoked all these revenge attacks. I think UK should retract from all those countries and let them just be and leave them alone to police themselves.
Why involve and bring back home those revenge seekers. Enough is enough I think there needs to be change at the root of the problem only then can we all be safe.
I just hope and pray that these may end and we can all live in peace and safety.
My deepest condolences to the families affected...

Couldn't agree more Kamal. I said this only this morning. Who knows the real truth behind why someone would decide to do this. Maybe we will never know. I'm not sure withdrawing from Middle East conflicts will ensure our safety but it is a noble thought and a good theory at the very least. I would certainly hope that all you say in this comes true but I'm afraid I somehow doubt there would be any truly safe place anywhere.

Very sad day indeed, especially for the youngsters and their families facing this horrific situation, my thoughts are with them too.
We all are paying the price for twisted foreign policies which I think have invoked all these revenge attacks. I think UK should retract from all those countries and let them just be and leave them alone to police themselves.
Why involve and bring back home those revenge seekers. Enough is enough I think there needs to be change at the root of the problem only then can we all be safe.
I just hope and pray that these may end and we can all live in peace and safety.
My deepest condolences to the families affected...
I agree Kamal, a very sad day, but I don't think withdrawing from Middle East conflicts will ensure our safety, a lot of these one man terrorist attacks seem to be from extremist individuals not necessarily in revenge. I think we are going to have to get used to experiencing this sort of thing for the foreseeable future, these are the sort of people who just cannot be reasoned with and because they are individuals and not an organisation very hard to predict. I am constantly worried about my wife when she is at work in the Royal Opera House (a prime target if there ever was one) she will be taking early retirement in August so I'm hoping all will be ok till at least then. :pray:

Apologies if this isn't the time or place, but it's too late to withdraw from anything, IMO. That damage was done by Blair and the UK supporting the overthrow of Iraq.

We, and most of Europe as allies of the USA, have left a vacuum there which was swiftly filled by the Daesh (ISIS) along with Libya, Syria, wherever else in that region, and other weak and volatile places such as central Africa, and allied attacks on them in Iraq and Syria since, has spurned these revenge atrocities, whether "justified" or not.

Women and children have been lost to "both" sides, so maybe in their eyes, it's just "tit-for-tat" and will be forevermore.

None of this is any comfort at all for the victims of these terrorists and their families, but understanding the causes and avoiding more blunders in the Middle East (or anywhere else for that matter) will be the only way to contain it at the current level and maybe over the next generations, bring it to a close and remove the potential for it to continue.

We've unleashed a monster in that region, and it won't go away without it biting us more.

Words fail me on the actions of this a r s e hole

My thoughts are with those that are injured and the relatives of those that died.

I cannot imagine anything in this world that is worse than losing a child, but losing one in this way is indescribable, prayers and thoughts to all those injured and to those who have lost loved ones, other than that I have no words.

For once i wish Trump would open his mouth and clarify things . F k love and peace and solidarity flower power and puppies .

Understand this . What you are inciting is RAGE .

rage will give us war and the EU will ensure it is an internal affair because more people in means more people to tax .

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely .

War with who Shayne?

"An angry man can only get so far,
Until he reconciles the way he thinks things ought to be, with the way things are"
Don Henley

Russia is the tabloid enemy but if the EU become a military power i give it less than a decade before America is at war with Europe .

I should note current political characters play no part in my thinking .

Last edited:
Unregulated immigration has caused problems worldwide for a long time.
You get bad along with good.

Back