Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Manual hubs prices

alexander

Supporter
Country Flag
wales
I'm seeing large price variations for locking hubs. From £50 to £100 for one AVM 455
So can one trust the cheapies. There must be fakes out there?
Cheers,
Alex

AVM hubs are dreadful! Dont buy them!

Get yourself proper gold and black Aisin ones! ;)

AVM hubs are dreadful! Dont buy them!

Get yourself proper gold and black Aisin ones! ;)

+1 for the Aisins - I've got them on my 4Runner, but the HJ45 has the AVM ones on it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi,
Yes i tried them. They don't stock the correct ones. The correct ones are rather expensive.
I'll keep looking and try and handle them to see the quality.
I was going to change the bolts to anti theft anyway as anything not welded or rivited on cars in South America are stolen.
Cheers

What LandCruiser do you wish to fit them to?

I presumed with the Welsh flag and the word UK that you were UK based, not South American.

Or are you heading over there on an overlanding trip?

Hi
yes sorry about that. I'm welsh. I'm working in peru and bought the company's old troopy ambulsncia to convert to an Overlander and then explore South America at the end of contract. I have my holidays in wales and pick up posts when home

Try www.euro4x4parts.com
From a quick look the Aisin units are cheaper than the AVMs.

Regards,

Rodger
Yes. But why are there 2 AISIMS at different prices. I'm enquiring with euro4x4 and AISIM as i don't think they make an ECO model. The initial response is that the ECO is made in China and half the price of the other. Is the other the real one? I dunno and awaiting reply. But I won't be trudting a fake on the troopy. This thread is answering my original question.
Cheers

I've answered my own question. The cheap ones are fakes made in China. Real AISIM are made in Japan. AISIM are sending me the correct part number and hopefully a vendor.
Euro4x4 tell me no one has complained, probably because their bones are being bleached by the desert sun.
Well perhaps an over statement.
So fakes are cheap but I'm not trusting them. I don't see the point of knowingly having a tough truck with unreliable parts.
I don't think AISIM will be chuffed as they have a non fake keep it real policy. Which obviously isn't working.

A Troopy without fwh, or auto hubs must be rare

Ah, it's a factory option. This troopy was born as an ambulance for an industrial site so didn't really need the 4x4 capacity. It doesn't have diff lock either.
It has 2H, 4H and 4L. I want to disengage the hubs in 2H as, I believe, this is economical over long distance and less wear of the shafts. But I'm not an expert, am I wrong? Maybe I don't need the hubs?
It's a 2000 year.
Here's another question, perhaps for another thread. IS an air locker diff lock better than electric OEM?

Back