Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Manual Landcruiser. Prefer a D4D, poss consider a 100

spackrackman

My good lady needs a new car and she wants a Landcruiser. An LC3,4,5 would be ideal but would consider a later 100 series possibly. Only requirements are manual (unless its a minter) and be under 135k

anyone out there?

apparently there are some colour and interior preferences but I have told her to be quiet!

You can't go wrong with a LC4 D4d (Auto or Manual). My preference would be Auto as it's such a nice drive. You don't gain much by having a manual, other than having to replace the clutch when it goes.

LC2/3 are a lesser specification and less user friendly for easy off/soft roading. The LC5 has loads of toys but more to go wrong and you can't upgrade the radio for example.

The 100 is a really big bus with poor MPG compared to the 120.

You can't go wrong with a LC4 D4d (Auto or Manual). My preference would be Auto as it's such a nice drive. You don't gain much by having a manual, other than having to replace the clutch when it goes.

LC2/3 are a lesser specification and less user friendly for easy off/soft roading. The LC5 has loads of toys but more to go wrong and you can't upgrade the radio for example.

The 100 is a really big bus with poor MPG compared to the 120.

Thanks for that. Good bit of advice. An auto..... Ernmmmmm opens the options up though if i accept the lazy left foot.

The Toyota auto boxes are very reliable. Whatever you view, you MUST look underneath. They aren't as well protected as the older ones starting with the 100 series and can suffer horrendously with rust. MPG on the 100 isn't so bad but it's what you'd expect from lugging close on 3 tonnes around all the time. 2004 saw the introduction of the 5 speed auto 100 which I'm told is far better (wiggly selector gate).

I love my auto 80. The torque converter lockup means there really isn't that much less mpg on a run compared to a manual and they are very smooth and give more torque at the wheels from standstill than a manual.

Lc3/4 are the same truck with very little difference. The lc2 is best avoided. Smaller axel and a bunch of oddness. Lc5/invincible are the same base truck as.the lc3/4 but with height and ride control adjustments andore integrated gps + climate control etc.

For auto you want the 2005+ 5spd gearbox.

The 120 and 100 are different enough that you should really think through what you want.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Any easy way of telling its a 5 speed auto? just wondering if I end up looking at ones that may bridge the 2005 reg.

If younget the Vin then put that in at toyodiy.com should get you a few details. If you are at the truck, the shifter will have markings to let you limit gbox down to 4.3.2.1;

Since you mentioned 100s make sure you have a drive of one before deciding on a 120. Look for a five speed auto one, wiggly gear shift gate instead of straight. Yes they use more fuel but, in my opinion, they are a level above.

I looked at 95s, 120s and 150s before buying my 100.

I think Ian just nailed it. I also looked at 120s, and would never swap my 100 for one.

Got an LC4 auto. I have not driven it yet but my good lady is loving it. Will get the trailer hooked up when she is not looking and get it working.

Back