Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mark as Read Button

Only reason I ask is the Sussex 4x4 response one turned on the 'like' button and it came up in Tapatalk. Might be a different forum phpbb or something they use. Doesn't matter to me really.

What's their URL? I have no control over what Tapatalk do (at least, I don't think I do) so if there are features that make it better I can certainly look at adding them :thumbup:

Any plans to roll some of these out for Tapatalk use Crispin?
I've upgraded tapatalk - let me know if there is anything new or something that I can add to it and I'll see if it's possible.

I'm struggling a bit without the View Active Topics button. I've also got two Un Read Posts buttons, one above the other. :|

Ben - where was that? I can't see that I have turned it off.

There is a new link "Latest Activity" - is that the same thing?

Why do the tabs keep moving about? if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Ben - where was that? I can't see that I have turned it off.

There is a new link "Latest Activity" - is that the same thing?

weird its gone now! :crazy:

I should have screen shot it for you.

I'm not a fan of the latest activity section TBH as it comes up with multiple boxes for the same thread. For example at the moment I see this:

Beau replied to a thread Taller overdrive gear on AutoBox? in 90 Series

A343F specs - 1st 2.804:1 2nd 1.531:1 3rd 1.000:1 OD .753:1 R 2.393:1 The A340E box which is very similar has the same gear ratios...

see more

Then right below it this:

Beau replied to a thread Taller overdrive gear on AutoBox? in 90 Series

What do you mean by peak shayne? Power wise or red line wise?

see more

It just seems a bit cluttered and difficult to scan through and see which threads have had new replies. Granted its good in that you can see what the reply is without having to open the actual thread. But I was just used to clicking active topics and then just scrolling down and choosing which new threads to open up and read. Or to see which threads that I have been following have had a reply. :icon-smile:

Funny that Ben as i have always used the forum that way . The only change i have noticed is the large "whats new" tab has been replaced with the smaller "latest activity" . If i am ever away for a week or more i just click my profile to see where threads i have commented on ended .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ben,

The latest activity is the old "What's new" button. Like you say, it does show each and every reply which is handy for scanning the responses.

Is what you're after in "New Posts" or "Unread posts" link? That shows a more condensed level of threads. This is the same as Chris was asking for.

If not, shout - I'm not looking to remove functionality :)

Ben,

The latest activity is the old "What's new" button. Like you say, it does show each and every reply which is handy for scanning the responses.

Is what you're after in "New Posts" or "Unread posts" link? That shows a more condensed level of threads. This is the same as Chris was asking for.

If the new 'Latest activity' tab is the same as the old 'What's new' tab why change the name? that sort of change just leads to confusion as this thread shows.
OK, improving the functionality is good but why change the names and places on the tab bar that we are all used to?

Not all progress is for the best, smoke signals never got a Red Indian out of bed in the middle of the night.

Ben,

No, the New Posts and Unread Posts miss out posts I've just posted on etc. until someone else posts.

I liked being able to post on a few threads for example, and then being able to click View Active Topics and see the threads I've posted on and what other threads are being posted on etc.

I found it made the board much easier for me to navigate, having the View Active Topics button. :icon-biggrin:

Any chance I can have it back please? :pray:

If the new 'Latest activity' tab is the same as the old 'What's new' tab why change the name? that sort of change just leads to confusion as this thread shows.
OK, improving the functionality is good but why change the names and places on the tab bar that we are all used to?

Not all progress is for the best, smoke signals never got a Red Indian out of bed in the middle of the night.

The tab might well come back Chas. I have to make some space for new buttons so it's an exercise in removing what's not used and shuffling the most used items into a better accessible place. Invariably this will remove things that people use - I cannot see what is used and what is not - so an educated guess and feedback from everyone on what works and what does not. Giving me the feedback is helpful - we'll get back to something that works for most uses. :)

Just a suggestion Cris , it was 2 years or more before i actually clicked on "user map" out of idle curiosity and i was impressed with what i found given i had spent 2 years assuming it would take me to some sort of forum user manual . Perhaps "Map" alone would have prompted my curiosity sooner and it saves you a little space .

No, the New Posts and Unread Posts miss out posts I've just posted on etc. until someone else posts.

I liked being able to post on a few threads for example, and then being able to click View Active Topics and see the threads I've posted on and what other threads are being posted on etc.

I found it made the board much easier for me to navigate, having the View Active Topics button. :icon-biggrin:

Any chance I can have it back please? :pray:

Bloody 'ell Ben - I cannot find that button anywhere. :wtf: I'll put it back if I can find the damned thing. Did it say "View Active Topics"? There is no such button in the system. All I can see is that other's have added their own (which I don't mind doing if push comes to shove). I would just prefer to turn back on what I seemed to have turned off.

Don't worry - it, or something like it, will come back :thumbup:

What's their URL? I have no control over what Tapatalk do (at least, I don't think I do) so if there are features that make it better I can certainly look at adding them :thumbup:

sussex4x4response.org.uk

On here I get this when I tap to highlight

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452023631.311536.jpg

On SX4x4R

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452023690.758004.jpg

Tapping 'more' gives the same options.

It's no big deal Crispin, just an observation though I have thought it might be useful at times.

Does the number next to the thumbs down indicate the number of thumbs down or up ?

It's the sum of both I believe.

Back