Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Maxtrax alternative

I don't Grant, but I have to say that their videos do make them look attractive. I have some genuine MT and some Britpart copies. I know for a fact that if I did that with the copies, they simply break. I do think that MTs are a ridiculous price but having seen them in action many times in Russia you simply can't question their quality or function. Worth the money? When you are stuck and they get you out they're worth twice as much. I do keep mine in a black transit bag however. I'm not keen on the whole UV thing.

I'd take a chance on those German ones for sure. If they get you out once and that's it, then you've had your money's worth. If they work twice then you're on a winner. The problem with the Britpart ones is that they may actually break the first time and not get you out at all. I just keep them in the Hilux for snow recovery

There was some serious flex in one of the vids and you got to be looking at a 2 tonne vehicle so thats half a tonne on the one board that looked like an orange banana

maxtrax look great but unless you have a friend flying back from Oz look expensive in the UK.
to revive this thread....and now these available from the usa for $269 for standard set (no metal teeth which I don’t think are necessary)
Also need a friend flying back from usa....

or one of our sponsors

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
or one of our sponsors

[/

Thanks Nick
Has anyone tried these ? How do they compare to maxtrax?

maxtrax look great but unless you have a friend flying back from Oz look expensive in the UK.
to revive this thread....and now these available from the usa for $269 for standard set (no metal teeth which I don’t think are necessary)
Also need a friend flying back from usa....
4x4 Obession now stock US ActionTrax in the UK. US ActionTrax - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

These have no weight limit
Higher melting point than MaxTrax
Will not break
Made from Dupont material
Used by the US military
Pre set to drill to update with metal teeth
UK Stock
Made my by a chap called KC he runs a small family business and is part of the desert racing community.

ORANGE ACTIONTRAX-TOYOTA.jpg

Back