Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Maxtrax alternitives

Mark do you have a weight for those Maxtrax copies? I've four waffle boards but they aren't half heavy, I think something like 14kg per pair.

Owen

Yeah that doesn't surprise me. I like their versatility, can be used for bridging, etc, but I really don't like the weight, especially when clogged! Hence I'm tempted by Mark's...

Owen

being slightly weight obsessed I can confirm they weigh 8kg

I have a pair of waffle's anyone can have for free if the fetch them from mine

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hello David, could I take you up on your offer please?

You know they won’t help you get through my gate Nick, don’t you?
There were four of us that visited you last summer. Me and Shayne didn't hit your gate. I even did it with no breaks

There were four of us that visited you last summer. Me and Shayne didn't hit your gate. I even did it with no breaks

I think only Richard hit it, I didn’t even know he had till he confessed (or did someone grass him up?) :lol:

I’ve hit it more times than I can remember :whistle:

Thread-jack over, sorry Gary...

You may believe it or not but I've never hit Clive's gate either.

Not sure if I could have done it with no brakes though.
I went the long way round so that I was going up hill. Gravity was my friend that way.

Anyone used tred?

I have a set of Tredz. I haven't been stuck enough to you them yet though. In comparison to maxtrax though they are much sturdier, so a single one could be used for bridging. On the downside this means they are more brittle and easier to break than maxtrax . Maxtrax will deform to the shape of your wheel without taking damage. As far as I've been able to determine the Tredz lugs will be much more tolerant to wheel spin, as I've seen maxtracks lugs destroyed in seconds. There are many other points but I think The Maxtrax are the better recovery board in the long run especially if you can afford to carry 4.

Back