Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mercasol Treatment

Howmanygoes

Country Flag
england
Thomas had to have a new health ticket and they found a few issues. Drop links, a cracked rear disc and small rust holes just in front of the rear wheels, hidden previously by the side steps. The garage is cutting these out and welding in some new metal.

The rest they have said is sound rust wise some expected age related surface deposits. Anyway I am looking to clean it up and treat the rust. I have had a couple of quotes and wondered if anyone has any experience of the Mercasol treatment.

Looks very much like zinc cold galvanize before wax which is interesting because Zinga appears to have given me the best long lasting results in my various experiments . For certain when i get around to it the 80 will be getting wire brushed - zinga - eastwoods chassis black and then taken for some kind of wax treatment , so far im impressed with the Krown i had done just to buy time though :think:

I will just have my rust free 80 sprayed with Krown every couple of years

@David. Reading up on Krown looks like it's a preventive process rathe than a treatment and preventative. Is this the case?

@David. Reading up on Krown looks like it's a preventive process rathe than a treatment and preventative. Is this the case?
TBH I'm not sure as both the one's I had done had zero rust, but it will stop it getting any worse

Back