Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

messgages sitting in 'outbox'

Dave2000

Supporter
Country Flag
spain
Hi all, I have got two messages sitting in my outbox which I have tried to send to a member (Karl Webster). For some reason they are just sitting there and yet when I open them they are marked as sent? I had a quick look on the forum and I did not see Karl as being active at the moment. It is possible the messages are there waiting for him but and if he is on holiday then fine I will try again later, in the meantime if someone has his number would they mind sending him a text to say that I have been trying to contact him? I need to send him some money so it is only good news, it just seems odd that they are sitting in my outbox with no apparent way of resending and yet they are marked as sent as well, mods?

Thanks in advance

regards

Dave

Hi Dave,

The PM system is a 'pull' system, not 'push', so the recipient has to log in and actually go look in his in-box and read the message before they are marked as read. Quite possibly Karl hasn't checked his PMs for a while?

HTH

Gary

Gary Stockton said:
Hi Dave,

The PM system is a 'pull' system, not 'push', so the recipient has to log in and actually go look in his in-box and read the message before they are marked as read. Quite possibly Karl hasn't checked his PMs for a while?

HTH

Gary

Got it! I did not realise that, thanks for the quick reply. I will sit on it for a while, it is a bit misleading because the message line states it was sent ect.

Thanks again

regards

Dave

Back