Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

####### mice!

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
I like to live and let live. Every living thing has to live somewhere, but this is war..
Mice. Creating city's in landcruiser seats.
Ironically they are driving around in little landcruisers.. OK, this probably isn't true..
Any suggestions before the sky turns crimson, the gods of war start beating the drums of doom and minature nuclear mushroom clouds start appearing..?

Same here but when they come inside they have to be dealt with. Just been visited by two of the little blighters in the loft. The only solution in my book is the old style wooden traps, ‘Little Nippers’. File the burr off the trigger and bait with bits of Mars bar. I have had successes with the electronic plug in repellers called ‘The Big Cheese’.

A year ago mice made a nest in pollen filter in my glove box in Hilux.
I blocked off holes in scuttle panel with stainless steel wire mesh

This winter they seem to be dragging leaves into front of sills, there are holes down below door hinges
I only noticed other night in the dark, going to blast water through with pressure washer to wash them and detritus out

They have to eat so look around for a source of food eg a bird feeder. They can of course scavenge in the wild but sources of food from us lets them thrive.

+1 on the Little Nippers approach. I had some in a car a few years ago. I tried all sorts to put them off, I gave up on the peppermint oil approach after they ate a few Polos left in overnight, left the cats blanket in, etc., etc.. A couple of Little Nippers with chocolate bait repeated each night over a week did the trick, I caught 5 or 6 of them, there's usually more than one.

We got Rats living under the summer house.. Been there a while now, Never bothered us until i caught Two climbing up the side of the house to get to the bird feeder.. so war was declared Got some humane Snap traps baited with Bacon, Chocolate, cheese.... No luck yet. Cant catch the Buggers..Crafty they are! Missus wont let me shoot them....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We got Rats living under the summer house.. Been there a while now, Never bothered us until i caught Two climbing up the side of the house to get to the bird feeder.. so war was declared Got some humane Snap traps baited with Bacon, Chocolate, cheese.... No luck yet. Cant catch the Buggers..Crafty they are! Missus wont let me shoot them....
Wait till she goes out

Get the Big Nippers and bait with chocolate after filing the burr off. Watch your fingers when you set them though as you could easily break one with those traps.

We usually get mice in the shed at the bottom of the garden in Winter. We have numerous bird feeders out plus a bird house/ table which is a magnet to them. The traditional old style mouse traps deal with those in the shed, then we throw them on the shed roof for the Crows. We get the odd rat now and again on the bird table so out comes the HW35. Tried all sorts to stop them getting on the bird table in the first place but they’re very capable climbers.

Same here but when they come inside they have to be dealt with. Just been visited by two of the little blighters in the loft. The only solution in my book is the old style wooden traps, ‘Little Nippers’. File the burr off the trigger and bait with bits of Mars bar. I have had successes with the electronic plug in repellers called ‘The Big Cheese’.
the electronic repellers would be perfect if they were cordless.

They have to eat so look around for a source of food eg a bird feeder. They can of course scavenge in the wild but sources of food from us lets them thrive.
no real manmade food source. we are surrounded by fields. the kestrels are circling like vultures..

ha ha! em is the same. we had rats climbing all over a bird feeder once, quite entertaining really. I had a perfect vantage point from the bedroom window. we also have a nice .22 silenced scoped rim fire..

Another notch in the 35’s stock tonight.........

932BEF22-CE30-4FB7-BB53-1D3CA49CE98C.jpeg

Another notch in the 35’s stock tonight.........

View attachment 153414
Moose or Rat? Looks ratty to me but have no idea of scale.

Our neighbour had a rat under her shed so she put her squirrel trap at the exit and shoved a stick under and bingo. Despatched soon after.

Rat about 5” long excluding the tail. You can just see the pellet entry point above the left ear. Dropped a much bigger one around 7” long on Tuesday, both instant kills. It’s those suet cakes on the bird table they go for.

Rat about 5” long excluding the tail. You can just see the pellet entry point above the left ear. Dropped a much bigger one around 7” long on Tuesday, both instant kills. It’s those suet cakes on the bird table they go for.

Good work man! If you have mice then you don't have rrrrraat's

I''ve got a gang of Tigers(Cat's) and they don't tolerate any mice within a 20m radius of their pad!

You don't need poison but if my Tigers get overwhelmed then you need to take appropriate measures¬ you have to resort to peanut butter!

I absolutely love them and the dog gets jealous!!:thumbup:

Back