Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

mid life crisis.

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
Im now 41. In my eyes im overdue a midlife crisis. I keep reminding em of this, i get the usual default response of eye rolling or something thrown at me.

how did you spend yours?

I'm more than 41… Bugger! I missed it!!
Or could the Smart car count… oh dear! :doh:

Went to live in new zealand for a year. Bought an HJ61 which was awesome. Didnt work just toured around for 3 months then rented a house in queenstown and the kids went to school for 6 months.
Then reality set in so came home and got a job again. That was 10 years ago.

Same as me then brian, just biding our time..

rich, does the smart car have a v8 in it and a mattress in the back?:D

nice one ben, some inspiration.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

nice one ben, some inspiration.
A quick trip down from alaska to tierra del fuego perhaps?
Or london beijing?

No…:icon-cry:

With a V8 in it there wouldn't be enough room for the driver let alone anything vaguely horizontal!!

The Smart is remapped and I've got a roof tent that goes on top of my cruiser…does that count?

I think I had one back in 2011 age 51 when, for some reason I still can't figure out and after 30 years riding faultless Japanese machinery, I bought a Ducati. Only kept it 3 months. Acute hormonal imbalance I reckon. I'm much better now though :auto-sportbike: :thumbup:

Back on the jap bikes now tp?

Lol. Good work clive.

well 'm double yon Chapels age and mine is happening now.I've always been guilty of using extravagant language and 2 weeks ago was waving my arms about as my darling had about 20 of my shirts hanging on a line on our veranda.dopey Delich says get rid of them I'm sick of ducking under them,so she put them under her arms and took them away.The heat has been terrible so
a couple of days ago,I said where are my shirts,I'm going to wear them as work shirts.SHE said,you said get rid of them so I took them to the Salvation Army.
Have you ever been struck dumb,speechless, after a while they're gone..Yes
Is this the mid life crisis? I need help.

Back on the jap bikes now tp?

Lol. Good work clive.

Japanese (Kawasaki) and Austrian (Husaberg). To be fair to the Ducati, with hindsight, I bought the wrong model. The 1198SP was a great track bike but a bit too hardcore for my soft core arse. If I'd bought something a bit more road orientated, a Multistrada maybe, I'd probably have been a lot happier with it.

Basically take my father-in-laws 80 of his hands when I turned 40!!

I don’t particularly advise it though, it cost me a fortune... but i look at it as a long-term investment...

At 41 I was still running my business and hating it.Was driving my second LC but then went mad a got myself a Honda Blackbird,wonderfull.By 42 I had spent 3 weeks in intensve care having been hit by an idiot in a Merc ML ,bike was right off and never ridden a bike since and never will again.

At 41 I was still running my business and hating it.Was driving my second LC but then went mad a got myself a Honda Blackbird,wonderfull.By 42 I had spent 3 weeks in intensve care having been hit by an idiot in a Merc ML ,bike was right off and never ridden a bike since and never will again.

I can sympathise with the accident. Been hospitalised twice through bike accidents plus one on a bicycle. Fortunately I'm still able to ride so giving up 2 wheels isn't even an option for me personally, I just enjoy it too much.

I can sympathise with the accident. Been hospitalised twice through bike accidents plus one on a bicycle. Fortunately I'm still able to ride so giving up 2 wheels isn't even an option for me personally, I just enjoy it too much.
I sympathise with Mathew and you TP as well, I've been hospitalised a couple of times too, luckily nothing as bad as our Shayne, but I still bear a few scars.
Unfortunately after a slight stroke back in 2004 I now have a balance problem so bikes are out, sitting down in the Cruiser is no bother but when a bike passes me at speed I think, I wish that was me.

Back