Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Milner 80 series power window replacement parts

Postie is bringing mine to me in September aren't you Chas !

It's hot and dry at the moment, so my windows are working fine at the front but always a bit sluggish at the back.

When it rains all 4 bind up, very strange.

Looking forward to seeing if the new mech's cure that.

And if Chas is coming, surely it will rain in September so I can test them... :eusa-whistle:

Postie is bringing mine to me in September aren't you Chas!.

And if Chas is coming, surely it will rain in September so I can test them... :eusa-whistle:
They're coming Clive but if it rains like last time on the journey out I'll be very tempted to turn round.

They're coming Clive but if it rains like last time on the journey out I'll be very tempted to turn round.

Aww, don't say that Chas, where's your pioneering sense of adventure?

It was pretty horrendous for you guys last year though, it rained all the way for you IIRC, then when you did arrive, we had 3 days rain, 19, 20 and 21 August, the first rain we'd had since June!

It will be fine this time... :whistle:

Ooooo nice, bookmarking so I can order some later :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just changed my drivers side window and wow what a difference it flys up and down :)

Three weeks of continuous use round the Baltic, up and down all day with changes in weather and road speed and they're every bit as good as when I left. Frankly if I have to put a set a year in, it would be worth it.

Still going strong?

Looks like i am going to have to order some if Milners will send to SA nothing available locally.

Very much so Warren. I put a set in the green one last month. Now whizzing up and down.

Cheers Chris lets hope they send to SA otherwise i may need to ask Karl if he can help as all i need is the motor

Chris when you did this lovely upgrade did you change the rubbers? I'm going to get the mechanism from milner but just wondered if you ordered anything else to go with it? Cheeers

I changed the motors and rubbers on two vehicles and I honestly found that it made very little difference. I changed the motors and the result was fantastic. Gary did his recently too. Now what I have not done, is change the motors and leave old runners in, but if I had sticky windows, I'd do the motors first and see. The rubbers are a lot of money and the effect may be limited. Now over time perhaps the old rubbers damage the new motors again. But I'd still try it first.

You're a bad influence. I've just ordered some. My passenger side has got to the point where if the engine isn't running, it won't go up :tearsofjoy:

Changed a motor in a 60 and it transformed it even with crap rubbers.
Would recommend lubricating the mechanism while in there.

Just a quick question, it is the same for all 4 doors? On the website of Milner, it only states FRONT L or R.

Looks like another order will be getting put in then! As "summer" is on its way I'd like the only air con on it to work

IMG_1156.JPG
IMG_1163.JPG
I've been watching this thread with interest and today decided to strip and fix but if unable to fix to buy a Milner winder. I bought my 80 in 1998 when it was 3 years old with about 30K miles on the clock and the windows have always been slow and I just assumed it was too thin a wire to the motor.

This is what I found :-

Thick wax like substance in the commutator grooves now cleaned out and the window works really well but has not been tested in the cold weather.

I did notice that the glass was very stiff in its channels but I did not clean these out so as to be sure only one thing was done at a time. I'll leave the channels for now.

I’ve got a full 4 door set of new rubbers and a pair of Milner new mechs for the front doors, all sitting in my shed, waiting for me to get off my ass.

Trouble is, the drivers’ door window has speeded up again, and works great. It’s still like a slug in the wet, but I don’t understand the reason for it speeding up at 22 years old!

The rear driver’s side has completely ground to a halt, so maybe some bits from the front (when I change it) may be transferable...

when I get off my ass that is... :lol:

They only do fronts at the moment but I keep pestering Carl to get some rear ones. You can probably resurrect the motors, but I have found when trying to make one good one out of a box of parts, that it's the pinion gear bushing that's shagged and also the quadrant on the regulator. There's so much slack in the components that they effectively jam in operation. The new regulators have ZERO movement in them when you try to wiggle them.

Back