Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Milner wheel bearings

Avery73

I need to replace the front wheel bearings on the truck. Are the ones supplied by Milner any good as OEM products.

Typically the ones Milner sell are Koyo which is what is fitted to many straight from the factory.

I have to say, I can't recall the last time I came across badly made bearings. There is so much work in making them that to make bad ones would be pretty pointless. If they say made in Japan on them I am happy.

Typically the ones Milner sell are Koyo which is what is fitted to many straight from the factory.

I have to say, I can't recall the last time I came across badly made bearings. There is so much work in making them that to make bad ones would be pretty pointless. If they say made in Japan on them I am happy.

Cool. Cheers for that. Especially as Milner are £200 cheaper than my local motor factors. I kid you not.

I have certainly come across more than my fair share of poor quality bearings but from my experience they are always unbranded. If the Milner ones are Koyo you should have no problems with them. They are silly cheap though, too cheap some would say but I do not know anyone on hear that have had an issue with the Milner Koyo stock.

You'll be ok with the Koyo Bearings, always stay away from those from made in China, cheap and nasty.

The reason that Milner sell Koyo cheaply is simple. I have posted this before. They buy thousands of them. They come by the container load. Milner supply the trade so when you decide not to buy from Milner but Jap Spares Ltd of Wherever town, likely as not they came via Milner. As Carl said to me, some people think we only stock bits for 80s. You should see their warehouse. Like you say, if they are branded, they should be fine. There is no question of them being copies or anything hooky.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have used am awful lot off Koyo bearings in the past on big ag equipment and have found them better that a well known uk manufacturer

Back