Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Milners customer service

shorey666

Country Flag
uk
Hi Everyone
On Friday the 20th of December I was taken to Milners to pick up a starter motor for my 100 series amazon, I was taken there by a mate who I'd met at my local garage..DMC in Ripley.
I'd rang Milners a day before to see if they had a starter and was informed they had one at a reduced price of £70 rather than £134, so after asking if they would check to make sure it was the right one ,and was told more than once it was definetely right , I said I'd be over to pick it up.
I gave the guy who took me over to Milners a tenner for petrol and took the starter back to DMC.
Saturday morning I had a phone call from Dean DMC to tell me it was the wrong starter motor !
I rang Milners to tell them the problem and asked them to see what they could do as I was going to be without my motor over christmas , I was told that they would ring me back later that morning,but did say they were on low staff .
However NO call came !
So now really in the poo I made a call to Chris the moderator and chief guru ....Lets just say the man is a star,
He got his motor bike out of his garage and said he'd come over with a starter repair kit that we might be able to sort something out.
He then took my starter apart , cleaned contacts and hey presto :)
I was so grateful I offered him £40 for his trouble ,He refused it and said he was pleased he could help me, in the end we agreed on £20 so he could get a nice bottle of something for him and his missus.
I got my motor back on monday afternoon, and then rang Milners.
I told them how I was out of pocket and it would cost me another £10 to bring it back , so £40 in total and a load of headache.
The guy I spoke to went off to talk with Carl ,one of the directors,and came back to tell me that they would only offer me a refund back for the starter motor as it was at a REDUCED price anyway....WTF
Am I the only one who thinks this is out of order , surely a sorry mate and my £40 back for your trouble ??

Happy new year everyone

I know where your coming from mate... A big thumbs up to Chris for helping you out.... Its always a touchy subject when it comes to Parts suppliers.. Iv had good and bad dealings with Two of the most common Parts dealers we use... But other members have had nothing but good dealings with them, So its difficult to comment..... I guess giving you your money back was all they thought they had to do.. Glad you got sorted 'Tho'...:thumbup:

Listen, mate you're very welcome. It helps me polish my wings so I can get in to heaven. However, my recollection of the story is slightly different to yours. Yes I did accept something from you and yes we did discuss it could be for a bottle of something nice, but WTF was the discussion about sharing it with the current wife? I don't recall that being part of the agreement at all.

Hic.

Glad we got it sorted fella. And I think Dean was too!

Hi Everyone
On Friday the 20th of December I was taken to Milners to pick up a starter motor for my 100 series amazon, I was taken there by a mate who I'd met at my local garage..DMC in Ripley.
I'd rang Milners a day before to see if they had a starter and was informed they had one at a reduced price of £70 rather than £134, so after asking if they would check to make sure it was the right one ,and was told more than once it was definetely right , I said I'd be over to pick it up.
I gave the guy who took me over to Milners a tenner for petrol and took the starter back to DMC.
Saturday morning I had a phone call from Dean DMC to tell me it was the wrong starter motor !
I rang Milners to tell them the problem and asked them to see what they could do as I was going to be without my motor over christmas , I was told that they would ring me back later that morning,but did say they were on low staff .
However NO call came !
So now really in the poo I made a call to Chris the moderator and chief guru ....Lets just say the man is a star,
He got his motor bike out of his garage and said he'd come over with a starter repair kit that we might be able to sort something out.
He then took my starter apart , cleaned contacts and hey presto :)
I was so grateful I offered him £40 for his trouble ,He refused it and said he was pleased he could help me, in the end we agreed on £20 so he could get a nice bottle of something for him and his missus.
I got my motor back on monday afternoon, and then rang Milners.
I told them how I was out of pocket and it would cost me another £10 to bring it back , so £40 in total and a load of headache.
The guy I spoke to went off to talk with Carl ,one of the directors,and came back to tell me that they would only offer me a refund back for the starter motor as it was at a REDUCED price anyway....WTF
Am I the only one who thinks this is out of order , surely a sorry mate and my £40 back for your trouble ??

Happy new year everyone
I have had problems with Milners in the past, I find Rough Trax much better, their customer service is very good.

speaking as someone who is going through customer services problems of my own at the moment (different company) I can very much sympathise. I guess everyone gets a little busy and/or demob happy before Christmas. I've only ever had good service from Millners, but then they are 10 mins down the road so i only ever pop in to pick up bits and bobs.

Well Done Chris!

I really think it’s who you get in the phone over there. I’ve had amazing dealings with them but like I said luck of the draw.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back