Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

moan of the week.

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
people who drive 12 mph under the speed limit..
why?
who are these people?
"ill just nip into town". there he is, mr 12 mph under the speed limit..
"im running late for work". oh, hello again mr 12 mph under the speed limit..
I wish I had as much time on my hands as you, I really do.
now, I know what your gonna say. they might be old, they might be blind, they might be watching you tube. I don't buy it. if the speed limit was 90 I think they would still trundle around at 12 mph under the speed limit.

there should be inverted speeding fines..

They're probably texting.

Remember young man, it's a limit not a target. You won't get there any quicker you know.

If that drives you nuts then don't ever drive in Sweden!

I encounter this a lot, And ive come to the conclusion That they are not aware of where they are, and they do strongly believe that they are still sat at home all cosy on the Sofa, Knitting or Fumbling with pipes.. If you encounter this on the road again just give a gentle Toot on the horn, And you will see them suddenly Jolt from their trance.. And in a panic start searching for knitting Patterns or pipe Tobacco , Before colliding with the bus at the junction..Thats why the elderly have such a confused look about them in these situations.. Because they cant understand why they are wedged into the back of a bus, When a Nanno second ago they were trying to grasp the science behind knitting one or pearling one.. Just something i notice thats all..:eusa-shhh: Shhh! dont wake them..

Sounds like Chris maybe a Mr12mph ....

It's just mental some days. Most round us are 50mph or national speed limit and very clearly marked safe to do the limit as not many bends or anything. Yet time after time you get some person doing 30mph and then moans when you pass them.

One clown I was behind the other day didn't change there speed just did 30mph the entire way home. They didn't even notice when the owl flew into the side window of there car

If that drives you nuts then don't ever drive in Sweden!

I remember getting on a gleaming airport coach in Gothenburg a few summers ago. Once the driver had checked that everyone was wearing their seatbelts he proceeded to do 40 mph down an empty dual-carriage way. Occasionally he’d indicate for half a mile (tick-tock-tick-tock) before overtaking other road users. A perfect introduction to Sweden.

One clown I was behind the other day didn't change there speed just did 30mph the entire way home. They didn't even notice when the owl flew into the side window of there car

A type of driver known as an OSW or ‘one-speed w****r’ in my friend’s Subaru club.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
people who drive 12 mph under the speed limit..
why?
who are these people?
"ill just nip into town". there he is, mr 12 mph under the speed limit..
"im running late for work". oh, hello again mr 12 mph under the speed limit..
I wish I had as much time on my hands as you, I really do.
now, I know what your gonna say. they might be old, they might be blind, they might be watching you tube. I don't buy it. if the speed limit was 90 I think they would still trundle around at 12 mph under the speed limit.

there should be inverted speeding fines..
You can overcome this problem by getting up earlier out of your bed, then you can be in front of them, best regards, Bill Westley

Then there’s the 40mph club and the Centre lane owners Club. Don’t get me started.

Bill, you have a point. Timing is everything.

Regards from God’s waiting room.

Comment from God’s waiting room, yes, I too get frustrated with these “slow coaches” we all do, but, if they are old or seem confused, cut them a bit of slack. I had two in particular customers at my stalls for a number of years, delightful people and not related but they knew each other. They would sometimes take a bit of time for us to serve them (we are very patient with all of our customers. I always think they are somebodies mum/ dad etc) and I happened to find out that this particular two had both served during the 2nd WW at Bletchley Park of the code breaking fame. So, I reasoned they had earned every right to take their time at my stall, ( and elsewhere) do as they pleased whenever they pleased. ( as long as they paid) For me, when I’m in a situation as mentioned I think of these two, it maybe another war hero in front, It always settles me down. Best regards, Bill Westley

Then there’s the 40mph club and the Centre lane owners Club. Don’t get me started.

Bill, you have a point. Timing is everything.

Regards from God’s waiting room.

Somewhere in the world there is a law that says all vehicles travelling at 40 mph must stay in the middle lane of a 3 lane highway, I would just like to have an advertising campaign to alert these incompetent drivers that it is NOT the UK . I use the M 25 almost every day, never seen it dealt with by the authorities, have you? Best regards, Bill Westley

Folks going slowly are rarely a problem if they are aware that they'e slow and keep out of the way.

What annoys me most is the slow driver hogging the overtaking lanes.

I'm slow by modern driving standards. Although I'm an old fart, I'm not texting or knitting and I don't smoke a pipe, but in an 80 I'm big, and conscious of being big and slow, so I do my level best to keep out of the way of others.

Much of my journeys are on 100 kph limit, 2 lane (each direction) roads, so there's 50 kph traffic and the inevitable tailgating 120 kph traffic with hands on horns.

I tend to cruise at 100 - 110 kph so I'm passing the 50 kph guys, but often at 70 - 100 kph, which is frustrating for the 120 kph brigade, hammering up the outside.

Then I find that because I've pulled over to let the faster traffic through, I'm approaching a 50 kph car, and in my mirror is someone half-wheeling me doing 1/2 km more than me, probably texting or fumbling with his passenger, so I get blocked behind the slower traffic.

Driving only a HZJ 80, I don't have the luxury of your turbo boost acceleration, so it takes me 1/2 a day to catch up the lost momentum :lol:.

Grrrr :angry-screaming:

Riding a motorbike has been so liberating. Traffic? What traffic.

Now, when you're in a limit such as the average speed cameras on the M1, there's Dolly who doesn't get the concept so looks at her speedo and thinks, hmm, I'd better be a needle's width under. As her speedo doesn't read bang on anyway, she's now doing something like 44 mph.

Now coming up alongside in his Audi we have Wayne. Wayne is a knob, He knows that the cameras aren't set at 50. He knows he can do 50+3 +10% in any case, so by the time you've added that in, he's cruising at somewhere around 60 mph easy. So now we have a speed differential of 16 mph. Put the rest of us in there who have our cruise control set at 52 on the speedo and no wonder it chaos.

There seems to be a system in the madness. It all depends on the type of car the -12 is driving.
My -12 mph vw caddy : flashing, horning and middlefinger.
My -12mph big battlescarred 80 : respectful distance & no reaction whatsoever
My -12 mph cute red bj46 : slowing down when overtaking to have a good look and even sometimes waving or thumbs up.
:smilingimp:

Folks going slowly are rarely a problem if they are aware that they'e slow and keep out of the way.

What annoys me most is the slow driver hogging the overtaking lanes.

I'm slow by modern driving standards. Although I'm an old fart, I'm not texting or knitting and I don't smoke a pipe, but in an 80 I'm big, and conscious of being big and slow, so I do my level best to keep out of the way of others.

Much of my journeys are on 100 kph limit, 2 lane (each direction) roads, so there's 50 kph traffic and the inevitable tailgating 120 kph traffic with hands on horns.

I tend to cruise at 100 - 110 kph so I'm passing the 50 kph guys, but often at 70 - 100 kph, which is frustrating for the 120 kph brigade, hammering up the outside.

Then I find that because I've pulled over to let the faster traffic through, I'm approaching a 50 kph car, and in my mirror is someone half-wheeling me doing 1/2 km more than me, probably texting or fumbling with his passenger, so I get blocked behind the slower traffic.

Driving only a HZJ 80, I don't have the luxury of your turbo boost acceleration, so it takes me 1/2 a day to catch up the lost momentum :lol:.

Grrrr :angry-screaming:

I'm slow by modern driving standards?? All I can say is I have had to work to keep up with you at times Clive.

It's the 40 MPH in the bends & 70 on the straight drivers that frustrate me.those that hover around 50 are a pain as the torque converter locks & unlocks constantly.

Back