Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mobile phone provider restricting service !!!!!!!

joinerman

Garage
We use a mobile as our house phone on a PAYG tariff , much cheaper than BT 3p a minuet 1p a text, a couple of months ago our provider withdrew the tariff for new users and have contacted us several times to change to pay monthly, now our signal is either non existent or very poor, both my daughter and i have the same provider and get good signal on our phones so i have tried the sim in both of our phones and guess what, no or very poor signal, can providers do this ?

Not sure tbh JM. You can either challenge it or switch provider taking your number with you. 3 are still advertising 3.2.1. 3p a minute and 2p text. Otherwise you may be able to log on to their site and report connectivity issues or have a chat with Ofcom.

Can they do it! It’s digital, anything can be done I expect. Can they do it legally? Ofcom would know. One other thing, have a google for any others having the same issue. If you are one of many, this may answer your question.
Good luck with it.

If everthing else was consistent, just based on a sim card, it's pretty involved degrading a service. Can be done though. I can't imagine a provider targeting a specific number unless there were £100k sort of charges involved.

However, if you are on - for example a 2G plan or even a 3g plan, and the network is mostly degrading the entire fleet for that, you have no choice here. I suspect your phone's are 4g or atleast 3g+ (h+) - is the other line a 2g link ? Maybe you just need a new SIM card from the provider ?

When i phoned up to complain to o2 which has been great maybe 12 years i discovered my CAT phone is too tough :wtf: apparently it was about 6 years behind new phone technology :lol:

New phone and all is good again , some muppet on here even convinced supergran to put whatsapp on it even if i have no idea how to use it :icon-rolleyes:

When i phoned up to complain to o2 which has been great maybe 12 years i discovered my CAT phone is too tough :wtf: apparently it was about 6 years behind new phone technology :lol:

New phone and all is good again , some muppet on here even convinced supergran to put whatsapp on it even if i have no idea how to use it :icon-rolleyes:
Hooray for supergran!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Been trying to speak to a human being at my provider, menu after menu, ended up hanging up after 15 minuets today , try again tomoz.

Been trying to speak to a human being at my provider, menu after menu, ended up hanging up after 15 minuets today , try again tomoz.
If I were you I’d email and try a Waltz or two instead. :lol:

Life’s too short.
There’s always ‘We Q 4 U’ an app that does exactly that without costing you minutes.

Back