Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Model 80

Thanks Nick, another question is the 'glass' in the body or do the windows get installed after painting, I could get a small rattle can.

I can see you now Chas, with bits of masking tape all over the shop :angry-screaming::lol:

That tank looks awesome!!

When in Qatar, I was sooo tempted to get a fuel engine driven, remote controlled dune 4x4. They were incredible. Noisy, but amazing.

My bank manager rather influenced my decision to pass the idea over.:icon-sad:

Thanks Nick, another question is the 'glass' in the body or do the windows get installed after painting, I could get a small rattle can.
Glass is separate so you could spray the body and then fit it
image.jpg
I'm guessing the bottom bit just clips/ sticks inside the body. Minimal fiddling

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
comes out good then, i spent ages looking for a die cast type of thing with no luck.

Still got one of these on a shelf in the Garage (the vid isn't mine)...
1/5 scale FG Modellsport 2wd Beetle. 23cc pullstart petrol Komatsu Zenoah engine (as used in hedge trimmers/strimmers etc). Built from a kit in the mid 90's. Later one's are 4wd but the 2wd is fun with plenty of drifting on corners. Can't remember exactly how much it cost but between £5-600 up and running with radio IIRC. Was quite a model nut back then which included a couple of helicopters which I never really got on with, or put another way, I kept crashing the damn things! I bought the Beetle 'cos I got fed up with overheating and difficult to start nitro engined models.

It is TP and I have the Pershing too. I paid around £600 each whilst in Hong Kong. They're good kits but I bought quite a few aftermarket upgrade parts too.

Now the question I pose to admin is ... Do we need to start a whole new section for our model builds ?

Now the question I pose to admin is ... Do we need to start a whole new section for our model builds ?
Oh NO, we'll have so many pictures posted, Ooh look, I've just fitted the rear offside wheel, I think that colour scheme is awesome, what do you think chaps?

Excellent idea getting your offspring to learn about buying Dad cars and car parts when they are young, hurry up and get him out working and then he can buy that new set of OME's you have your eyes on.

regards

Dave

Back