Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Modular rims

fridayman

Garage
I would like to swap my alloys for some black/gun metal steels. Are the Modular rims any good?

I had modular rims on my disco and had no probs just make sure you get the correct offset rims.

How will I know what offset I need for my 90? Assuming I fit 265/75/16 hoops.

try paddocks 4x4 for the rims but remember that you will have to buy new wheelnuts as the ones for alloys are not sutable - they have a flat washer that sits in a counterbored hole in the alloy whereas for modulars the nut sits in a radiused hole - check out the price as i paid 4 euros each!
phonefotos206.jpg

Attachments

• phonefotos206.jpg
    phonefotos206.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 84
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Paul_Humphreys said:
You want a 0 (zero) back space.
I'm not writing to contradict Paul here but do check this out first...

IIRC the standard 5-spoke Colorado alloys are not zero offset... If you look on the rim, there are some numbers cast into it; the first set will denote size & fit (say 16 x 7JJ) & then there is another number denoting offset... You might find a -15 on the rim which equates to -15mm offset

The only reason I know this is from when I changed my wheels on the Colorado from standard alloys to 80 series alloys - the 80 series alloys are certainly zero offset which is what I wanted to fatten up the stance... But its been a while since I did the swap :oops:

Hope this assists - have a look & see what you find :cool:

Cheers
Gav

PS: I have 275/75/16 BFG AT tyres on the Colorado & there's a wee bit of rubbing with the offset wheels on hard lock - nothing disaterous though. I personally think its quite a good size for the 90.

Back