Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Money transfer to South Africa for DVDs

SimonD

Country Flag
australia
I've noticed that one of the members of LCCSA has made a couple of DVDs which look interesting on field repairs, overlanding etc. However, to buy them you have to do a bank transfer and the bank charges for doing this are crazy. I've asked him if he'd put them on ebay but was wondering in the meantime how the "saffers" on the forum approach money transfers of not very big amounts. I'm sure if others are interested there could be the possibility of a group buy but given Kev's recent experience, i'm not volunteering to coordinate it :roll: :lol:

I would be interested if there is a group buy. I could do the payment from SA as well.

I'd be interested in the Bush Mechanics DVD if there is a group buy. :thumbup:

Wont the guy take PayPal if you cover the fees, or I thing it's fee free if sent as a gift or at least for the seller?

PayPal in SA is extortionately expensive and not used much. Only been there for about 3 months now.

SimonD said:
given Kev's recent experience, i'm not volunteering to coordinate it :roll: :lol:
:lol: Oh yes, I dont blame you

I would be up for a few of those DVD's. Payment shouldnt be a problem with Crispin's help. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Crispin has kindly offered to help make this happen :clap: . First thing will be to round up definite "intent to order" from members here so we can contact Morne and negotiate a final price including postage and packing. If there are plenty of orders, then we may need to break the order into a couple of packages so it doesn't attract unwanted attention.

We should leave the "intent to order" open to January 10 to allow people coming back from holiday to see it.

Here is the full list of DVDs that are available

I would like to get the following DVDs [390 Rand]:
Dune Driving Workshop
Bush Mechanic Workshop
Accessorising, a Landcruiser project

I would be interested in the Bush Mechanic Workshop and the Accessorising, a Landcruiser project DVD's please.

I'm with Chas's options please. Not many dunes in Herts :(

I'd be up for the Dune Driving & Bush Mechanics DVD's :cool:

If the DVD group buy goes ahead, I'd be interested in:

Accessorising a Landcruiser Project
Bush Mechanic Workshop
Tyre Repair Workshop
Dune Driving Workshop
The Cruiser and the Hex
Total: R580.00

Cheers,

Scott.

Cossack said:
I would be interested in the Bush Mechanic Workshop and the Accessorising, a Landcruiser project DVD's please.
I'd like the Tyre Repair Workshop as well as the other two please.

I will be in SA for March if people want to wait that long and I should be able to bring them back if you like. It might save on postage??

I too would be interested in the Bush Mechanics and the tyre repair one and Accessorising, a Landcruiser project and Cruiser Diaries 2007

The Bush Mechanics and tyre repair one makes sence to have each but would it not make sence to buy one of all the others and then share them amongst the members??

Just an idea as i am sure some would prefer to have thier own.

warrenpfo said:
I will be in SA for March if people want to wait that long and I should be able to bring them back if you like. It might save on postage??

I too would be interested in the Bush Mechanics and the tyre repair one and Accessorising, a Landcruiser project and Cruiser Diaries 2007

The Bush Mechanics and tyre repair one makes sence to have each but would it not make sence to buy one of all the others and then share them amongst the members??

Just an idea as i am sure some would prefer to have thier own.

A great offer. :clap: I can wait until March for delivery. Shall we say March is ok unless anybody asking for them wants them earlier - maybe respond on the thread with silence being a vote for March. If it looks like there are heaps we could mix it up a bit with some postage and some Warren-express.

In terms of sharing, Crispin and I think that people should get their own as it isn't MGM/Sony etc we're dealing with here. Morne is looking to raise a mini-business with Ladybird films and as fellow enthusiasts we should support that.

We'll close order 10 Jan and then decide what to do next. I'll ask Morne what xx DVDs will physically stack up as.

I'd be up for:

Bush Mechanic workshop
Accessorising
Tyre repair workshop

Please Before March !

Olazz

March is fine for me :thumbup:

SimonD said:
In terms of sharing, Crispin and I think that people should get their own as it isn't MGM/Sony etc we're dealing with here. Morne is looking to raise a mini-business with Ladybird films and as fellow enthusiasts we should support that.

Yup, the guy's trying to fund his addiction, not pay for his umteenth private jet. If someone wants one, they can buy one :D

I'm leaving the country end of March so it could be cutting it a bit fine. So would prefer earlier delivery.

No big deal either way, I'll get some of these when I arrive in SA. :)

I'd also like the following DVD's if thr group buy goes ahead.

Bush Mechanic Workshop
Accessorising, a Landcruiser project.

Cheers :thumbup:

Ditto for me.

And if necessary, I can use my ABSA account as well....

Back