Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

More good news from EU.

What have the EU ever done for us :) ooo yea GDPR and the right to be forgotten laws as well. I’m sure the Torres will be adding laws like this once we leave.

That’s it then, I’m changing to another god, I’m thinking maybe Ganesh?

They banned roaming charges, credit card use charges and now they are going to force white god makers to make these goods last much longer, also to make spares available or at least 10 years.
Sounds good, be nice if they made them repairable as well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Why have roaming charges when we are all just provinces of the fatherland . Abolishing credit card charges makes sense because cash is a hindrance to total control . And regardless that the white goods thing only removes competition for the established multi million dollar companies by denying start ups , have you ever actually looked at the warranty paperwork of say a washing machine ?

I went nuts when i learned the mrs had signed up for an extended warranty , basically you pay the full price of a new washing machine to have the right to use only their repairers who will charge you for as many parts as they can whether needed or not .

Who cares anyway when by far the biggest percentage of EU population can't afford a new washing machine or to go on holiday anyway .

I wonder how the new rules will effect employment figures ?

I've never voted, bought a newspaper nor signed up for anything.

We bought a fridge freezer with 6 years free parts included. It had 12 months warranty and when the hinges broke after 3 months they sent me 2 free ones which I fitted myself. At 14 months I thought I would order another "free" part. Trouble is in the T's and C's I although the part was free one had to use one of their engineers at a high cost. I nearly sent them my Dads dummy hand grenade.

Back